The Big East is expected to add Boise State, Navy and Air Force as football-only members and Central Florida, Houston and Southern Methodist for all sports.
"BYU is a strong contender. They, like Navy, Army and Notre Dame, are independents in football setting their own schedule and playing all over the country," reports to the Washington Examiner. "However, only Notre Dame enjoys an automatic BCS bid among the 'Indies.' So BYU COULD find joining the Big East with an automatic BCS bid in a football-only capacity attractive. Plus they could still recruit nationally and would have plenty of national telecasts to advance their brand. Boise State would like to see them join and the Big East is interested ... What is not known is where BYU stands on joining. They are, for the moment, listening but silent — there will no doubt be a wait and see process with both sides keeping the lines of communications open."
ESPN will air a feature on BYU's football team in a 30-minute show, ESPNU All-Access: BYU Football, at 5 p.m. MT and 8:30 p.m. MT) on Wednesday, Nov. 2, on ESPNU. Watch a preview on ESPNU's YouTube channel.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30