SALT LAKE CITY — Five individuals, a Utah foundation and a Utah company will be honored during the 13th annual Utah Philanthropy Day Luncheon Wednesday at Little America Hotel.
The recognition program, founded in 1999 by the Utah Society of Fund Raisers and the Utah Nonprofits Association, celebrates the state's outstanding philanthropists and volunteer leaders.
Jon and Karen Huntsman, Harris and Amanda Simmons and the George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation were recognized in the event's inaugural year. The annual luncheon takes place each November.
"It's a nice way of saying thank you in the month of Thanksgiving," said Roland Radack, chairman of Utah Philanthropy Day 2011 and Deseret Management Corp.'s vice president of administration.
2011 honorees include:
Mark and Kathie Miller — Philanthropic Leadership Award
Lawrence T. and Janet T. Dee Foundation — Foundation Spirit of Giving Award
Myriad Genetics, Inc. — Corporate Spirit of Giving Award
Anne Burkholder — Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award
Teah Caine — Outstanding Young Volunteer Award
Jesselie Anderson — Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award
Meanwhile, more than 70 Utahns also will be recognized as Hearts and Hands Honorees for their significant contributions to the community through volunteer or philanthropic service.
For more information about the award recipients and Utah Philanthropy Day, visit www.utahphilanthropyday.org.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15