SALT LAKE CITY — Five individuals, a Utah foundation and a Utah company will be honored during the 13th annual Utah Philanthropy Day Luncheon Wednesday at Little America Hotel.
The recognition program, founded in 1999 by the Utah Society of Fund Raisers and the Utah Nonprofits Association, celebrates the state's outstanding philanthropists and volunteer leaders.
Jon and Karen Huntsman, Harris and Amanda Simmons and the George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation were recognized in the event's inaugural year. The annual luncheon takes place each November.
"It's a nice way of saying thank you in the month of Thanksgiving," said Roland Radack, chairman of Utah Philanthropy Day 2011 and Deseret Management Corp.'s vice president of administration.
2011 honorees include:
Mark and Kathie Miller — Philanthropic Leadership Award
Lawrence T. and Janet T. Dee Foundation — Foundation Spirit of Giving Award
Myriad Genetics, Inc. — Corporate Spirit of Giving Award
Anne Burkholder — Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award
Teah Caine — Outstanding Young Volunteer Award
Jesselie Anderson — Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award
Meanwhile, more than 70 Utahns also will be recognized as Hearts and Hands Honorees for their significant contributions to the community through volunteer or philanthropic service.
For more information about the award recipients and Utah Philanthropy Day, visit www.utahphilanthropyday.org.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Audit: Drinking water connection requirements...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 28
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15