SALT LAKE CITY — Five individuals, a Utah foundation and a Utah company will be honored during the 13th annual Utah Philanthropy Day Luncheon Wednesday at Little America Hotel.
The recognition program, founded in 1999 by the Utah Society of Fund Raisers and the Utah Nonprofits Association, celebrates the state's outstanding philanthropists and volunteer leaders.
Jon and Karen Huntsman, Harris and Amanda Simmons and the George S. and Dolores Dore Eccles Foundation were recognized in the event's inaugural year. The annual luncheon takes place each November.
"It's a nice way of saying thank you in the month of Thanksgiving," said Roland Radack, chairman of Utah Philanthropy Day 2011 and Deseret Management Corp.'s vice president of administration.
2011 honorees include:
Mark and Kathie Miller — Philanthropic Leadership Award
Lawrence T. and Janet T. Dee Foundation — Foundation Spirit of Giving Award
Myriad Genetics, Inc. — Corporate Spirit of Giving Award
Anne Burkholder — Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award
Teah Caine — Outstanding Young Volunteer Award
Jesselie Anderson — Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award
Meanwhile, more than 70 Utahns also will be recognized as Hearts and Hands Honorees for their significant contributions to the community through volunteer or philanthropic service.
For more information about the award recipients and Utah Philanthropy Day, visit www.utahphilanthropyday.org.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 83
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15