ROBERT LEE, Texas (AP) — A judge has sentenced a follower of polygamist leader Warren Jeffs to seven years in prison for bigamy and child sex assault.
Leroy Johnson Steed pleaded no contest Tuesday to two counts of bigamy and one of child sex assault in state district court in Robert Lee, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.
Steed is the 10th of 12 men in the Jeffs-led Fundamentalist LDS Church to be prosecuted with evidence from an April 2008 raid on the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Schleicher County.
State District Judge Barbara Walther handed down the sentence before in the same Coke County courtroom where she is presiding over the trial of former FLDS bishop Fredrick Merril Jessop.
- Mom who murdered 6 newborns sent to prison...
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals sentence...
- Woman stole mail from 127 people, police say
- 26-year-old Provo woman missing since...
- Former youth counselor charged in sexual...
- Saratoga Springs man caught on video...
- Drunk mother was passed out, leaving sick...
- Spanish Fork man dies in motorcycle crash
- Second student sues district over... 15
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11
- Woman stole mail from 127 people,... 5
- Convictions of 2 in S.L. sex assault... 4
- Woman, young boys ordered under blanket... 4
- Job A Day program gives homeless people... 3
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals... 3
- Man who impregnated 13-year-old he met... 2