ROBERT LEE, Texas (AP) — A judge has sentenced a follower of polygamist leader Warren Jeffs to seven years in prison for bigamy and child sex assault.
Leroy Johnson Steed pleaded no contest Tuesday to two counts of bigamy and one of child sex assault in state district court in Robert Lee, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported.
Steed is the 10th of 12 men in the Jeffs-led Fundamentalist LDS Church to be prosecuted with evidence from an April 2008 raid on the Yearning For Zion Ranch in Schleicher County.
State District Judge Barbara Walther handed down the sentence before in the same Coke County courtroom where she is presiding over the trial of former FLDS bishop Fredrick Merril Jessop.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Ogden police cruiser hit as officer responds...
- Alcohol suspected in Ogden crash that injured 4
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- Police seek 4 men in Milcreek shooting
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 12
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12
- Lehi toddler killed in accident... 7
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with students... 6
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were... 3
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in... 3
- Provo man admits threatening to kill... 3