BYUtv was recently featured in an article by Multichannel News for its focus on common bonds of faith and family that resonate with people of all religions.
"As Multichannel News has documented over the last few years, religious programming has come a long way since the staid preach-and-teach sermons enjoyed for so long by the Silent Generation," wrote David Tanklefsky.
The article touts shows like "American Ride," a show hosted by biker Stan Ellsworth as he travels to historic sites across the country and gives history lessons, of sorts, on the founding of America. It is one of 10 new series being introduced by BYUtv this fall.
The article recognizes "Fires of Faith: The Coming Forth of the Kings James Bible," a multi-part documentary film that explores the history of that version of the Bible and its longstanding influence.
In terms of programming, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and BYU are careful to remain politically neutral amid the GOP candidacy of two Mormons — Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman Jr. — according to the article.
"While the network still offers some programming that focuses strongly on the Mormon faith, like a devotional service and performances from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on weekends, much of the new programming is focused on common bonds of faith and family that resonate with people of all religions," Tanklefsky wrote.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 19
- LDS statement could move Utah... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12