BYUtv was recently featured in an article by Multichannel News for its focus on common bonds of faith and family that resonate with people of all religions.
"As Multichannel News has documented over the last few years, religious programming has come a long way since the staid preach-and-teach sermons enjoyed for so long by the Silent Generation," wrote David Tanklefsky.
The article touts shows like "American Ride," a show hosted by biker Stan Ellsworth as he travels to historic sites across the country and gives history lessons, of sorts, on the founding of America. It is one of 10 new series being introduced by BYUtv this fall.
The article recognizes "Fires of Faith: The Coming Forth of the Kings James Bible," a multi-part documentary film that explores the history of that version of the Bible and its longstanding influence.
In terms of programming, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and BYU are careful to remain politically neutral amid the GOP candidacy of two Mormons — Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman Jr. — according to the article.
"While the network still offers some programming that focuses strongly on the Mormon faith, like a devotional service and performances from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on weekends, much of the new programming is focused on common bonds of faith and family that resonate with people of all religions," Tanklefsky wrote.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological accounts...
- A majority of Americans believe the next U.S....
- LDS general authorities and their church...
- Taylor Halverson: When former Gov. Boggs'...
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Online manners improve when real people show up
- Trump sparks activists' quest to register 1...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 35
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 26
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 18
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Trump sparks activists' quest to... 7