LEHI — UDOT is warning Utah County drivers about new exit changes scheduled this week for the I-15 highway project. The southbound I-15 exits at U.S. Highway 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street are now combined into a single off-ramp. The existing southbound exit at Spanish Fork Main Street is closed, and both U.S. 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street can now be accessed from the U.S. 6 exit.
The permanent reconfiguration for the exit was part of the new U.S. 6 interchange being built for I-15 CORE project in Utah County.
The bridge over I-15 at Provo Center Street is now open to eastbound traffic only. The bridge will restore Center Street access to downtown Provo for those living west of I-15. Westbound Provo Center Street will remain closed until the interchange reopens on Nov. 19.
A segment of I-15 is now reduced to three lanes in each direction from Lehi Main Street to American Fork 500 East. The changes will remain in place through mid-November while crews continue paving in the area.
UDOT said the 24-mile freeway reconstruction project is currently on schedule for completion in December 2012.
For more information, visit udot.utah.gov/i15core.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Audit: Drinking water connection requirements...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 24
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15