LEHI — UDOT is warning Utah County drivers about new exit changes scheduled this week for the I-15 highway project. The southbound I-15 exits at U.S. Highway 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street are now combined into a single off-ramp. The existing southbound exit at Spanish Fork Main Street is closed, and both U.S. 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street can now be accessed from the U.S. 6 exit.
The permanent reconfiguration for the exit was part of the new U.S. 6 interchange being built for I-15 CORE project in Utah County.
The bridge over I-15 at Provo Center Street is now open to eastbound traffic only. The bridge will restore Center Street access to downtown Provo for those living west of I-15. Westbound Provo Center Street will remain closed until the interchange reopens on Nov. 19.
A segment of I-15 is now reduced to three lanes in each direction from Lehi Main Street to American Fork 500 East. The changes will remain in place through mid-November while crews continue paving in the area.
UDOT said the 24-mile freeway reconstruction project is currently on schedule for completion in December 2012.
For more information, visit udot.utah.gov/i15core.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 8
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7