LEHI — UDOT is warning Utah County drivers about new exit changes scheduled this week for the I-15 highway project. The southbound I-15 exits at U.S. Highway 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street are now combined into a single off-ramp. The existing southbound exit at Spanish Fork Main Street is closed, and both U.S. 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street can now be accessed from the U.S. 6 exit.
The permanent reconfiguration for the exit was part of the new U.S. 6 interchange being built for I-15 CORE project in Utah County.
The bridge over I-15 at Provo Center Street is now open to eastbound traffic only. The bridge will restore Center Street access to downtown Provo for those living west of I-15. Westbound Provo Center Street will remain closed until the interchange reopens on Nov. 19.
A segment of I-15 is now reduced to three lanes in each direction from Lehi Main Street to American Fork 500 East. The changes will remain in place through mid-November while crews continue paving in the area.
UDOT said the 24-mile freeway reconstruction project is currently on schedule for completion in December 2012.
For more information, visit udot.utah.gov/i15core.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8