LEHI — UDOT is warning Utah County drivers about new exit changes scheduled this week for the I-15 highway project. The southbound I-15 exits at U.S. Highway 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street are now combined into a single off-ramp. The existing southbound exit at Spanish Fork Main Street is closed, and both U.S. 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street can now be accessed from the U.S. 6 exit.
The permanent reconfiguration for the exit was part of the new U.S. 6 interchange being built for I-15 CORE project in Utah County.
The bridge over I-15 at Provo Center Street is now open to eastbound traffic only. The bridge will restore Center Street access to downtown Provo for those living west of I-15. Westbound Provo Center Street will remain closed until the interchange reopens on Nov. 19.
A segment of I-15 is now reduced to three lanes in each direction from Lehi Main Street to American Fork 500 East. The changes will remain in place through mid-November while crews continue paving in the area.
UDOT said the 24-mile freeway reconstruction project is currently on schedule for completion in December 2012.
For more information, visit udot.utah.gov/i15core.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 22