LEHI — UDOT is warning Utah County drivers about new exit changes scheduled this week for the I-15 highway project. The southbound I-15 exits at U.S. Highway 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street are now combined into a single off-ramp. The existing southbound exit at Spanish Fork Main Street is closed, and both U.S. 6 and Spanish Fork Main Street can now be accessed from the U.S. 6 exit.
The permanent reconfiguration for the exit was part of the new U.S. 6 interchange being built for I-15 CORE project in Utah County.
The bridge over I-15 at Provo Center Street is now open to eastbound traffic only. The bridge will restore Center Street access to downtown Provo for those living west of I-15. Westbound Provo Center Street will remain closed until the interchange reopens on Nov. 19.
A segment of I-15 is now reduced to three lanes in each direction from Lehi Main Street to American Fork 500 East. The changes will remain in place through mid-November while crews continue paving in the area.
UDOT said the 24-mile freeway reconstruction project is currently on schedule for completion in December 2012.
For more information, visit udot.utah.gov/i15core.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 31
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 18
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12