SALT LAKE CITY — FCC Commissioner Mignon L. Clyburn will be the keynote speaker at the NAACP's 92nd annual Life Membership and Freedom Fund Banquet Friday at 7 p.m.
"We are honored that Commissioner Clyburn will address our event and we welcome the public to attend," said Jeanetta Williams, president of the Salt Lake Branch of the National Association for the Advance of Colored People.
The event, at the Little America Hotel, will include a reception from 6-6:45 p.m.
Clyburn was nominated as a member of the Federal Communications Commission on June 25, 2009, and is a life member of the NAACP.
An NAACP press release said the Albert Fritz Civil Rights Worker of the Year Award will be presented to Terry Mathis, the director of sales for 17 years at Citadel Broadcasting in Salt Lake City and now vice president at the Chase Media Group. Mathis also served as the first vice president of the NAACP Salt Lake Branch.
Vanesa A. Maddocks will receive the President’s Award for her years of work with the NAACP. The Media Relations Award will be presented to Simmons Media Group for their years of work with the NAACP.
Advance ticket purchases are available by calling (801) 250-5088 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited tickets will be sold at the door prior to the dinner at the Little America. The cost is $90 per person, which includes a one-year membership to the NAACP, or $60 for individuals who are already members.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9