Today in the Bloggernacle: Waited 15 years for a branch and Halloween FHE service ideas
15 years: What would it be like to wait for 15 years to be organized in the branch?These faithful, patient African Saints in “Uvira RDCongo” did just that but wait no longer. Click in to scroll through a beautiful photo essay that depicts these people’s lives and culture, with some magnificent photos of their newly-organized branch. Love it!
Halloween service: Since next week you’ll likely be trick-or-treating next Monday evening, this week's family home evening can be about doing Halloween service. You may want to “phantom” someone with a plate of treats or carved pumpkin, “treat” a senior member in your ward with some sort of sweet service, or “trick” your friends with these delightful “Halloween Smelly Jellies” that aren’t for eating, but for smelling (and filling your home with nice scents)! I love this creative and easy-to-do activity.
Forget-Me-Not handouts: I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that for the visiting teaching message next month, many, many visiting teachers will choose to share “Forget Me Not" by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the First Presidency, who spoke at the General Relief Society Meeting. A blogger spotlights one of many beautiful handouts you can print and give as a delightful accompaniment.
Chapel mural: Did you know there was a chapel with a mural on the outside? There are probably more than one, but I love D.H. Sundwall’s latest "Flickr Find: Exterior Chapel Mural.” Bonus points for whomever can name where it is located!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20