Semi hauling millions of bees overturns near St. George
ST. GEORGE — A semi hauling millions of bees overturned on Interstate 15 near St. George on Saturday evening.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers were on the scene of the 5:25 p.m. accident. No other vehicles were involved and the driver wasn't injured. The crash closed the southbound lanes of I-15 and troopers expected to re-open them before midnight.
The truck was carrying 460 hives containing an estimated 25 million bees when it overturned, according to the UHP. Authorities were consulting with the Utah Department of Agriculture to determine how to capture or eliminate the swarming bees.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26