Semi hauling millions of bees overturns near St. George
ST. GEORGE — A semi hauling millions of bees overturned on Interstate 15 near St. George on Saturday evening.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers were on the scene of the 5:25 p.m. accident. No other vehicles were involved and the driver wasn't injured. The crash closed the southbound lanes of I-15 and troopers expected to re-open them before midnight.
The truck was carrying 460 hives containing an estimated 25 million bees when it overturned, according to the UHP. Authorities were consulting with the Utah Department of Agriculture to determine how to capture or eliminate the swarming bees.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9