Semi hauling millions of bees overturns near St. George
ST. GEORGE — A semi hauling millions of bees overturned on Interstate 15 near St. George on Saturday evening.
Utah Highway Patrol troopers were on the scene of the 5:25 p.m. accident. No other vehicles were involved and the driver wasn't injured. The crash closed the southbound lanes of I-15 and troopers expected to re-open them before midnight.
The truck was carrying 460 hives containing an estimated 25 million bees when it overturned, according to the UHP. Authorities were consulting with the Utah Department of Agriculture to determine how to capture or eliminate the swarming bees.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 8