Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah ski resorts topped the charts in the latest survey of a top outdoor publication. Several Utah ski destinations ranked among the best in the 2011 SKI magazine reader poll.
For the fifth year in a row, Deer Valley Resort in Park City earned the overall No. 1 spot of the 20 best ski areas. Also joining Deer Valley was Park City Mountain Resort at No. 6, Canyons Resorts ranked No. 16 and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort was rated No. 20 on the list.
In addition, several Utah resorts received the top ratings in other categories, including Alta for overall satisfaction, character and snow, while Powder Mountain rated among the best for value. Deer Valley received high praise for weather, grooming, on-mountain food, dining, lodging, and service.
“Utah’s resorts are committed to enhancing our natural strengths as a destination,” said Ski Utah President Nathan Rafferty. “Year after year, these rankings positively reinforce that our efforts are improving the Utah ski experience for local and destination visitors alike.”
To view a complete list of Utah resort rankings, visit http://bit.ly/bHHp7T
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8