Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah ski resorts topped the charts in the latest survey of a top outdoor publication. Several Utah ski destinations ranked among the best in the 2011 SKI magazine reader poll.
For the fifth year in a row, Deer Valley Resort in Park City earned the overall No. 1 spot of the 20 best ski areas. Also joining Deer Valley was Park City Mountain Resort at No. 6, Canyons Resorts ranked No. 16 and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort was rated No. 20 on the list.
In addition, several Utah resorts received the top ratings in other categories, including Alta for overall satisfaction, character and snow, while Powder Mountain rated among the best for value. Deer Valley received high praise for weather, grooming, on-mountain food, dining, lodging, and service.
“Utah’s resorts are committed to enhancing our natural strengths as a destination,” said Ski Utah President Nathan Rafferty. “Year after year, these rankings positively reinforce that our efforts are improving the Utah ski experience for local and destination visitors alike.”
To view a complete list of Utah resort rankings, visit http://bit.ly/bHHp7T
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7