Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah ski resorts topped the charts in the latest survey of a top outdoor publication. Several Utah ski destinations ranked among the best in the 2011 SKI magazine reader poll.
For the fifth year in a row, Deer Valley Resort in Park City earned the overall No. 1 spot of the 20 best ski areas. Also joining Deer Valley was Park City Mountain Resort at No. 6, Canyons Resorts ranked No. 16 and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort was rated No. 20 on the list.
In addition, several Utah resorts received the top ratings in other categories, including Alta for overall satisfaction, character and snow, while Powder Mountain rated among the best for value. Deer Valley received high praise for weather, grooming, on-mountain food, dining, lodging, and service.
“Utah’s resorts are committed to enhancing our natural strengths as a destination,” said Ski Utah President Nathan Rafferty. “Year after year, these rankings positively reinforce that our efforts are improving the Utah ski experience for local and destination visitors alike.”
To view a complete list of Utah resort rankings, visit http://bit.ly/bHHp7T
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Community comes together to surprise...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 23
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 15