Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah ski resorts topped the charts in the latest survey of a top outdoor publication. Several Utah ski destinations ranked among the best in the 2011 SKI magazine reader poll.
For the fifth year in a row, Deer Valley Resort in Park City earned the overall No. 1 spot of the 20 best ski areas. Also joining Deer Valley was Park City Mountain Resort at No. 6, Canyons Resorts ranked No. 16 and Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort was rated No. 20 on the list.
In addition, several Utah resorts received the top ratings in other categories, including Alta for overall satisfaction, character and snow, while Powder Mountain rated among the best for value. Deer Valley received high praise for weather, grooming, on-mountain food, dining, lodging, and service.
“Utah’s resorts are committed to enhancing our natural strengths as a destination,” said Ski Utah President Nathan Rafferty. “Year after year, these rankings positively reinforce that our efforts are improving the Utah ski experience for local and destination visitors alike.”
To view a complete list of Utah resort rankings, visit http://bit.ly/bHHp7T
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 58
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 35
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14