For those genuinely interested in knowing us as fellow Christians, we need only stay on message, invite the spirit and respond with love.
Besides, as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, our mission is to be an "example of the believers" (1 Timothy 4:12 ), not poster-children for the world’s vitriol.
There will always be mocking fingers from the "great and spacious building" (1 Nephi 11:36), but we needn’t take up residence on that side of the river.
William Monahan is a 1980 graduate of BYU law school. He practices law and teaches law and ethics. A former Phoenix stake president and current high councilor for the QC Chandler Heights Stake, he is active in Interfaith and a U.S. Air Force veteran.
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 22
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20