For those genuinely interested in knowing us as fellow Christians, we need only stay on message, invite the spirit and respond with love.
Besides, as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, our mission is to be an "example of the believers" (1 Timothy 4:12 ), not poster-children for the world’s vitriol.
There will always be mocking fingers from the "great and spacious building" (1 Nephi 11:36), but we needn’t take up residence on that side of the river.
William Monahan is a 1980 graduate of BYU law school. He practices law and teaches law and ethics. A former Phoenix stake president and current high councilor for the QC Chandler Heights Stake, he is active in Interfaith and a U.S. Air Force veteran.
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points: Is the...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 105
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 85
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 76
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 73
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 67
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 47
- How much did President Obama donate to... 44