Man hired to remodel house found intoxicated in bedroom
SALT LAKE CITY — A man hired to help remodel a woman's house was found intoxicated and passed out in the homeowner's bedroom Wednesday.
Just before 7:30 p.m., a woman having her home remodeled at 407 E. Kensington Ave. (1520 South), arrived at her house to find her contractor's vehicle parked in the driveway, according to Salt Lake City police.
She entered the house, found items in the home had been disturbed, exited and called police.
When officers arrived and entered the house, they found a man passed out in a back bedroom. Investigators determined the man had taken prescription medication found in the home, became intoxicated and passed out, according to Salt Lake County Jail records.
"Some of the prescription medication was also found in the arrestee's pockets," according to a jail report.
Also in the man's pockets was more than $600 worth of jewelry he had taken from the home, according to jail records.
Matthew Vincent Thom, 20, was arrested for investigation of burglary, theft, possession of a controlled substance and public intoxication.
Police said Thom was not the actual contractor, but rather an employee of the contractor.
- 'Overwhelming' community, national support...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for...
- Bid farewell to extra warm October —...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Photos: Bison Roundup underway at Antelope...
- Suspect from Salt Lake City arrested in death...
- 5-year-old Henefer boy killed after falling...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 128
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 86
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 36
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 20
- Mia Love raising more money than Doug... 20
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17