Deseret Book/Excel Entertainment
"LIVE WHAT I KNOW: Honoring the Values of Young Women," various artists, Shadow Mountain, $16.98
"Live What I Know" is a refreshing collection of 10 songs centered on the values of the Young Women program, introduced more than 25 years ago.
The CD is targeted to young women ages 12-18, but the music translates easily to all ages of women.
Each original song has been written by artists like Hilary Weeks, Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, Julie de Azevedo, Cherie Call and more, most of whom also perform their own songs.
Many of the artists were in the Young Women program when the values were first introduced on Nov. 10, 1985, and grew up absorbing the Young Women value songs of Janice Kapp Perry into their lives. Now, all have become passionate songwriters, and each has acknowledged with appreciation how Sister Perry influenced their love of music.
The songs of "Live What I Know" will take the listener on a journey through the eight values: faith, "I Find Faith"; divine nature, "I am Divine"; individual worth, "My Story"; knowledge, "When I Learn"; choice and accountability, "I Choose Him"; good works, "Good Work for Me to Do"; integrity, "He Whispers Courage"; and virtue "The Virtue of Gold."
Two additional songs, "He Loves Me" and the title song, "Live What I Know," remind young women that they are children of God and encourage each to find her own voice and testimony.
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 79
- Are church youth dances outdated? 63
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 56
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 38
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Okla. attorney general wants private... 13
- Joseph and Emma Smith as parents 10
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the... 10