Deseret Book/Excel Entertainment
"LIVE WHAT I KNOW: Honoring the Values of Young Women," various artists, Shadow Mountain, $16.98
"Live What I Know" is a refreshing collection of 10 songs centered on the values of the Young Women program, introduced more than 25 years ago.
The CD is targeted to young women ages 12-18, but the music translates easily to all ages of women.
Each original song has been written by artists like Hilary Weeks, Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, Julie de Azevedo, Cherie Call and more, most of whom also perform their own songs.
Many of the artists were in the Young Women program when the values were first introduced on Nov. 10, 1985, and grew up absorbing the Young Women value songs of Janice Kapp Perry into their lives. Now, all have become passionate songwriters, and each has acknowledged with appreciation how Sister Perry influenced their love of music.
The songs of "Live What I Know" will take the listener on a journey through the eight values: faith, "I Find Faith"; divine nature, "I am Divine"; individual worth, "My Story"; knowledge, "When I Learn"; choice and accountability, "I Choose Him"; good works, "Good Work for Me to Do"; integrity, "He Whispers Courage"; and virtue "The Virtue of Gold."
Two additional songs, "He Loves Me" and the title song, "Live What I Know," remind young women that they are children of God and encourage each to find her own voice and testimony.
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- President Henry B. Eyring rededicates temple...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 3
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 3
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 2