Deseret Book/Excel Entertainment
"LIVE WHAT I KNOW: Honoring the Values of Young Women," various artists, Shadow Mountain, $16.98
"Live What I Know" is a refreshing collection of 10 songs centered on the values of the Young Women program, introduced more than 25 years ago.
The CD is targeted to young women ages 12-18, but the music translates easily to all ages of women.
Each original song has been written by artists like Hilary Weeks, Carmen Rasmusen Herbert, Julie de Azevedo, Cherie Call and more, most of whom also perform their own songs.
Many of the artists were in the Young Women program when the values were first introduced on Nov. 10, 1985, and grew up absorbing the Young Women value songs of Janice Kapp Perry into their lives. Now, all have become passionate songwriters, and each has acknowledged with appreciation how Sister Perry influenced their love of music.
The songs of "Live What I Know" will take the listener on a journey through the eight values: faith, "I Find Faith"; divine nature, "I am Divine"; individual worth, "My Story"; knowledge, "When I Learn"; choice and accountability, "I Choose Him"; good works, "Good Work for Me to Do"; integrity, "He Whispers Courage"; and virtue "The Virtue of Gold."
Two additional songs, "He Loves Me" and the title song, "Live What I Know," remind young women that they are children of God and encourage each to find her own voice and testimony.
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Draper family shows that tragedy can reveal...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- #MeetMyGrandma: Mormons aim to capture the...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 71
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 34
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 14
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as... 13
- 10 ideas of what God looks like 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7