SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon was back at work Tuesday, only four days after breaking his hip playing hockey.
"Two guys went into the corner. Once came out — and it wasn't me," he quipped to the County Council, a pair of crutches at his side.
The mayor was participating in a 6 a.m. drop-in hockey session at the Sports Complex ice sheet on Guardsman Way, something he does regularly on Friday mornings. He was taken to the hospital after falling on the ice.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8