Newbery Honor: LDS author Shannon Hale has announced on her blog that she is in the process of writing a sequel to her immensely popular and Newbery honored book “Princess Academy.” Hooray!
Choosing faith: “Even though I feel comfortable blogging about almost anything, there is one thing I have never written about: I had a stillborn baby.” In this raw and beautiful essay titled “Pictures of the Dead,” this blogger tells her personal story of choosing to have faith over anger amidst her grief as well as the power of photographs in documenting the sad but life-changing moments of our lives. And please don’t forget to read the ensuing comments that are full of stories and testimony.
Gilbert Temple: I get such a kick out of checking on the progress of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Here’s a glimpse at how the Gilbert Arizona Temple is growing lately. It must be so exciting for the Mormons in that area!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5