Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon injured playing hockey
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon has cleared his public schedule for two weeks after hurting his hip playing hockey Friday.
Corroon was taken to the hospital after the fall, said county spokesman Jim Braden. No information is available about how long the mayor remained at the hospital or the extent of his injury.
"The mayor was participating in the 6 a.m. drop-in hockey session on the Sports Complex ice sheet," Braden said. "He does this normally Friday mornings, either at the Sports Complex on Guardsman Way or the Salt Lake County Ice Center in Murray.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15