Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon injured playing hockey
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon has cleared his public schedule for two weeks after hurting his hip playing hockey Friday.
Corroon was taken to the hospital after the fall, said county spokesman Jim Braden. No information is available about how long the mayor remained at the hospital or the extent of his injury.
"The mayor was participating in the 6 a.m. drop-in hockey session on the Sports Complex ice sheet," Braden said. "He does this normally Friday mornings, either at the Sports Complex on Guardsman Way or the Salt Lake County Ice Center in Murray.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 104
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 21
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20