Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon injured playing hockey
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon has cleared his public schedule for two weeks after hurting his hip playing hockey Friday.
Corroon was taken to the hospital after the fall, said county spokesman Jim Braden. No information is available about how long the mayor remained at the hospital or the extent of his injury.
"The mayor was participating in the 6 a.m. drop-in hockey session on the Sports Complex ice sheet," Braden said. "He does this normally Friday mornings, either at the Sports Complex on Guardsman Way or the Salt Lake County Ice Center in Murray.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11