The Spartans don't look to be a pass-happy team, preferring to use a balanced approach in beating an opposing defense.
They average 200 yards per game through the air and will be looking to get the ball to sophomore Noel Grigsby, 5-11, 170. Grigsby is the team's play-maker and is someone who can torch an opposing defense with his speed.
"They have some fast guys for sure," observed cornerback Corby Eason. "They can beat you deep, they're quick and they're athletic, so we'll have to be ready for that."
Overall, the Spartans don't look to be much of a threat through the air. The Cougar defense should do fine in limiting big plays and keeping the SJSU passing game grounded for the most part.
Prediction: BYU 31 San Jose State 17
The Cougars get a do-over this week against a team that looks very similar to Utah State in schemes and overall approach. Given that they had an extra day to recover and prepare for this week's game, it should provide for some good returns.
Look for BYU to figure some things out this week, especially on offense, and put together its most complete effort of the year. San Jose State looks to have enough to keep it relatively close, but BYU should be able to secure its most comfortable win of the season, regardless.
Email: email@example.com. Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- U. student government passes resolution... 95
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19