JENSEN, Uintah County — A West Valley City woman died Thursday night in a single-vehicle crash five miles east of Jensen.
Tana L. Florez, 47, was driving west on U.S. Highway 40 about 9:30 p.m. when she failed to negotiate a slight curve in the road, said Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Rex Olsen.
Florez's sport-utility vehicle went off the road and she over-corrected, causing the SUV to roll, Olsen said.
Florez was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected, the corporal said. She died at the scene.
Investigators did find evidence of alcohol use, Olsen said.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 35
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Government regulation has become like... 23
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22