JENSEN, Uintah County — A West Valley City woman died Thursday night in a single-vehicle crash five miles east of Jensen.
Tana L. Florez, 47, was driving west on U.S. Highway 40 about 9:30 p.m. when she failed to negotiate a slight curve in the road, said Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Rex Olsen.
Florez's sport-utility vehicle went off the road and she over-corrected, causing the SUV to roll, Olsen said.
Florez was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected, the corporal said. She died at the scene.
Investigators did find evidence of alcohol use, Olsen said.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20