JENSEN, Uintah County — A West Valley City woman died Thursday night in a single-vehicle crash five miles east of Jensen.
Tana L. Florez, 47, was driving west on U.S. Highway 40 about 9:30 p.m. when she failed to negotiate a slight curve in the road, said Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Rex Olsen.
Florez's sport-utility vehicle went off the road and she over-corrected, causing the SUV to roll, Olsen said.
Florez was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected, the corporal said. She died at the scene.
Investigators did find evidence of alcohol use, Olsen said.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8