Bakiní Bill Johnson
LAYTON — A vehicle collided into the side of a house after it lost control on slick, wet roads Thursday afternoon.
The car had come around the corner, near 1295 E. Cherry Lane, and slide across an LDS Church parking lot, narrowly missed several trees and crashed through a chain-link and vinyl fence before it stopped halfway into the garage of a home, according to Bill Johnson, who lives nearby.
Homes further up the road have been damaged by runaway vehicles before, resulting in the construction of barriers and placement of rocks to avoid it in the future, as the roadway becomes very slick with rain or snow, Johnson said.
No one was injured in the accident, but it took several hours for crews to remove the vehicle from the home.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15