Bakiní Bill Johnson
LAYTON — A vehicle collided into the side of a house after it lost control on slick, wet roads Thursday afternoon.
The car had come around the corner, near 1295 E. Cherry Lane, and slide across an LDS Church parking lot, narrowly missed several trees and crashed through a chain-link and vinyl fence before it stopped halfway into the garage of a home, according to Bill Johnson, who lives nearby.
Homes further up the road have been damaged by runaway vehicles before, resulting in the construction of barriers and placement of rocks to avoid it in the future, as the roadway becomes very slick with rain or snow, Johnson said.
No one was injured in the accident, but it took several hours for crews to remove the vehicle from the home.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Utah's popular 'soda-pop geyser' is fizzling out
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 48
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 30
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 21
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 16