Bakiní Bill Johnson
LAYTON — A vehicle collided into the side of a house after it lost control on slick, wet roads Thursday afternoon.
The car had come around the corner, near 1295 E. Cherry Lane, and slide across an LDS Church parking lot, narrowly missed several trees and crashed through a chain-link and vinyl fence before it stopped halfway into the garage of a home, according to Bill Johnson, who lives nearby.
Homes further up the road have been damaged by runaway vehicles before, resulting in the construction of barriers and placement of rocks to avoid it in the future, as the roadway becomes very slick with rain or snow, Johnson said.
No one was injured in the accident, but it took several hours for crews to remove the vehicle from the home.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- DWR eyeing minor changes to cougar, bobcat hunt
- Provo’s Night Out Against Crime set for...
- Store decor company to expand in Cedar City
- Utah State aviation student dead after plane...
- Twila Van Leer: My nomination of 3 Mormon...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14