Bakiní Bill Johnson
LAYTON — A vehicle collided into the side of a house after it lost control on slick, wet roads Thursday afternoon.
The car had come around the corner, near 1295 E. Cherry Lane, and slide across an LDS Church parking lot, narrowly missed several trees and crashed through a chain-link and vinyl fence before it stopped halfway into the garage of a home, according to Bill Johnson, who lives nearby.
Homes further up the road have been damaged by runaway vehicles before, resulting in the construction of barriers and placement of rocks to avoid it in the future, as the roadway becomes very slick with rain or snow, Johnson said.
No one was injured in the accident, but it took several hours for crews to remove the vehicle from the home.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political insiders say...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13