St. George man stabs mother during argument over cellphone, police say
ST. GEORGE — A 21-year-old man was arrested Thursday after police say he stabbed his mother multiple times while arguing over his cellphone.
Otis Maloney was booked into the Washington County Jail for investigation of attempted murder after he stabbed his mother multiple times with a kitchen knife, said St. George Police Capt. James Van Fleet.
Maloney called 911 after the incident. His mother was conscious and alert when paramedics arrived. She was transported to a hospital with non life-threatening wounds on her arms, hands and other ares of her upper body, Van Fleet said.
Police were called to the home, in the 2500 East block of 1240 South Circle, just after 11 a.m. Van Fleet said the violent incident started with a heated argument over cellphone usage.
"I don't know if it was over air minutes or texting or what," he said.
There were no signs of alcohol use by Maloney prior to the incident and Van Fleet did not know if mental illness was a factor.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11