Danny Ainge enjoyed a legendary basketball career at BYU, leading the Cougars to a Sweet 16 run in 1981. More than two decases later, his son, Austin, played at BYU.
Now, a third Ainge will join the Cougars soon.
Cooper Ainge, a 6-foot point guard from Wellesley in Massachussetts, has committed to walk-on at BYU next year. His plan is to spend one year with the Cougars before leaving for a mission.
—It looks like the Big 12 is stabilizing with an announcement Monday that it will share television revenue. That is an important step for BYU, which appears to be a candidate to join that league.
—Accordingly, it appears the Big 12, once again, will survive conference expansion upheaval.
—The Kansas City Star has a look at how revenue was divided up among Big 12 members in 2009-10.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 82
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20