Gov. Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herbert, dies at age 82
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herberet, died early Saturday morning at the age of 82.
“Mom was a great example to everyone, but particularly to me and my six brothers and sisters," the governor said in a prepared statement. "She was a talented and spiritual person, who exhibited uncommon courage in dealing with life’s challenges and a strong, quiet faith in always trying to follow God’s commandments. She was happy, positive, and loved life, but was looking forward to being reunited with my father who died 20 months ago, and other family members. She will be missed by family and friends.”
Funeral arrangements are pending. The Herbert family also extended appreciation for the kindness expressed to them over their loss.
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Expunging criminal records expected to help...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9