Gov. Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herbert, dies at age 82
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herberet, died early Saturday morning at the age of 82.
“Mom was a great example to everyone, but particularly to me and my six brothers and sisters," the governor said in a prepared statement. "She was a talented and spiritual person, who exhibited uncommon courage in dealing with life’s challenges and a strong, quiet faith in always trying to follow God’s commandments. She was happy, positive, and loved life, but was looking forward to being reunited with my father who died 20 months ago, and other family members. She will be missed by family and friends.”
Funeral arrangements are pending. The Herbert family also extended appreciation for the kindness expressed to them over their loss.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14