Gov. Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herbert, dies at age 82
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herberet, died early Saturday morning at the age of 82.
“Mom was a great example to everyone, but particularly to me and my six brothers and sisters," the governor said in a prepared statement. "She was a talented and spiritual person, who exhibited uncommon courage in dealing with life’s challenges and a strong, quiet faith in always trying to follow God’s commandments. She was happy, positive, and loved life, but was looking forward to being reunited with my father who died 20 months ago, and other family members. She will be missed by family and friends.”
Funeral arrangements are pending. The Herbert family also extended appreciation for the kindness expressed to them over their loss.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12