Gov. Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herbert, dies at age 82
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herberet, died early Saturday morning at the age of 82.
“Mom was a great example to everyone, but particularly to me and my six brothers and sisters," the governor said in a prepared statement. "She was a talented and spiritual person, who exhibited uncommon courage in dealing with life’s challenges and a strong, quiet faith in always trying to follow God’s commandments. She was happy, positive, and loved life, but was looking forward to being reunited with my father who died 20 months ago, and other family members. She will be missed by family and friends.”
Funeral arrangements are pending. The Herbert family also extended appreciation for the kindness expressed to them over their loss.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13