Gov. Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herbert, dies at age 82
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert's mother, Carol Boley Herberet, died early Saturday morning at the age of 82.
“Mom was a great example to everyone, but particularly to me and my six brothers and sisters," the governor said in a prepared statement. "She was a talented and spiritual person, who exhibited uncommon courage in dealing with life’s challenges and a strong, quiet faith in always trying to follow God’s commandments. She was happy, positive, and loved life, but was looking forward to being reunited with my father who died 20 months ago, and other family members. She will be missed by family and friends.”
Funeral arrangements are pending. The Herbert family also extended appreciation for the kindness expressed to them over their loss.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 121
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 26
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12