CD review: 'Fount of Every Blessing' is an uplifting, inspirational piano masterpiece by Amy B. Hansen
"FOUNT OF EVERY BLESSING," by Amy B. Hansen, Covenant Communications, $15.99
Amy B. Hansen's new CD, "Fount of Every Blessing," is a beautiful piano arrangement of classic LDS hymns. The CD contains 12 tracks, 11 of which are comprised of 16 popular hymns, including "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief," "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" and "I Need Thee Every Hour." Most of the songs are medleys that combine two or more of these hymns. The album also includes an original composition by Hansen titled "Journey."
In addition to the music, Hansen has included brief written explanations on her choice of these specific hymns as well as how and why she changed them from their original scores. Even though some of the vocabulary might go over the heads of most listeners, it is still an insightful look into her interpretation of these tunes.
"Fount of Every Blessing" is a great collection of music to play on Sundays as well as any other day of the week. The songs are fresh, uplifting and inspirational and will be a favorite of those who like listening to church music as well as anyone who enjoys listening to the piano.
According to information provided with the CD, Hansen began playing the piano at the age of 5. At a young age, she participated in competitions and also composed various pieces of music. Hansen earned a bachelor of music degree with an emphasis in piano performance in 2007. She has served in her church as an organist, music chairman, music director and choir pianist. She currently lives in Utah, where she has a private piano studio with more than 20 students.
Pianist Amy B. Hansen talks about her new CD, "Fount of Every Blessing."
Branden Hurst is a father of four who grew up outside of Utah and the LDS faith. He has worked in the IT industry for more than 14 years and in his free time enjoys sharing in wholesome activities with his family.
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- Rare LDS Church document discovered that...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the...
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences...
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 78
- Are church youth dances outdated? 61
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 50
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms.... 38
- Elder Nelson dedicates Life Sciences... 13
- Okla. attorney general wants private... 13
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the... 10
- Thousands of Churches to Join April 26... 10