Prosecutor charged with attacking Vernal police detective
HEBER CITY — A Uintah County prosecutor is facing misdemeanor charges in connection with his alleged attack on a Vernal police detective.
Greg Lamb, 41, was charged Wednesday in Wasatch County Justice Court with assault, a class B misdemeanor, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor. Lamb is scheduled to be arraigned Oct. 31.
The charges against Lamb stem from a Sept. 8 incident that took place during a Uintah/Daggett County Children's Justice Center training retreat held at Daniel's Summit Lodge.
Lamb is accused of assaulting Vernal police detective Vance Norton. A possible motive for the alleged assault remains unconfirmed. Lamb had been drinking at the time, according to individuals who attended the retreat.
The Uintah Basin Standard filed a public records request on Sept. 16 for a copy of the Wasatch County sheriff's report on the incident. Wasatch County Attorney Scott Sweat said he would be meeting with investigators Thursday to discuss whether the report or portions of it should be released while the case against Lamb is pending.
Lamb's boss, Uintah County Attorney G. Mark Thomas, placed his chief deputy on paid leave after the Sept. 8 incident and is conducting an internal investigation into the allegations against him.
“I haven't made any decisions yet,” Thomas said Wednesday when asked about the status of the investigation.
Defense attorney Ed Brass said his client looks forward to his day in court. “Mr. Lamb maintains his innocence,” Brass said.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9