Prosecutor charged with attacking Vernal police detective
HEBER CITY — A Uintah County prosecutor is facing misdemeanor charges in connection with his alleged attack on a Vernal police detective.
Greg Lamb, 41, was charged Wednesday in Wasatch County Justice Court with assault, a class B misdemeanor, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor. Lamb is scheduled to be arraigned Oct. 31.
The charges against Lamb stem from a Sept. 8 incident that took place during a Uintah/Daggett County Children's Justice Center training retreat held at Daniel's Summit Lodge.
Lamb is accused of assaulting Vernal police detective Vance Norton. A possible motive for the alleged assault remains unconfirmed. Lamb had been drinking at the time, according to individuals who attended the retreat.
The Uintah Basin Standard filed a public records request on Sept. 16 for a copy of the Wasatch County sheriff's report on the incident. Wasatch County Attorney Scott Sweat said he would be meeting with investigators Thursday to discuss whether the report or portions of it should be released while the case against Lamb is pending.
Lamb's boss, Uintah County Attorney G. Mark Thomas, placed his chief deputy on paid leave after the Sept. 8 incident and is conducting an internal investigation into the allegations against him.
“I haven't made any decisions yet,” Thomas said Wednesday when asked about the status of the investigation.
Defense attorney Ed Brass said his client looks forward to his day in court. “Mr. Lamb maintains his innocence,” Brass said.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 51
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 15