Prosecutor charged with attacking Vernal police detective
HEBER CITY — A Uintah County prosecutor is facing misdemeanor charges in connection with his alleged attack on a Vernal police detective.
Greg Lamb, 41, was charged Wednesday in Wasatch County Justice Court with assault, a class B misdemeanor, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor. Lamb is scheduled to be arraigned Oct. 31.
The charges against Lamb stem from a Sept. 8 incident that took place during a Uintah/Daggett County Children's Justice Center training retreat held at Daniel's Summit Lodge.
Lamb is accused of assaulting Vernal police detective Vance Norton. A possible motive for the alleged assault remains unconfirmed. Lamb had been drinking at the time, according to individuals who attended the retreat.
The Uintah Basin Standard filed a public records request on Sept. 16 for a copy of the Wasatch County sheriff's report on the incident. Wasatch County Attorney Scott Sweat said he would be meeting with investigators Thursday to discuss whether the report or portions of it should be released while the case against Lamb is pending.
Lamb's boss, Uintah County Attorney G. Mark Thomas, placed his chief deputy on paid leave after the Sept. 8 incident and is conducting an internal investigation into the allegations against him.
“I haven't made any decisions yet,” Thomas said Wednesday when asked about the status of the investigation.
Defense attorney Ed Brass said his client looks forward to his day in court. “Mr. Lamb maintains his innocence,” Brass said.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Provo’s Bikes and Trikes Festival is...
- Cedar Hills’ Family Festival kicks off...
- Don't know what's causing your infection? Ask...
- U. study shows how huge landslide shaped Zion...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 109
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 22
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 15
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8