There were some great individual and team efforts across the state for the sixth week of the prep football season. Here are five of the top prep performances for the week:
5. Sione Mahe-Wolfgramm, 5-10, 180, RB, Salem Hills HS
Mahe-Wolfgramm had 19 carries for 151 yards and three touchdowns in his team's 30-20 win over Provo.
4. Jaylon Miyasaki, 6-2, 190, WR, Springville HS
Miyasaki had 12 catches for 198 yards and a touchdown in Springville's 29-28 loss to Orem.
3. MaCoy Young 5-11, RB and Braiden Despain, 6-1, RB, Duchense HS
Despain did all of his work in the first half, recording 188 yards and two touchdowns on just 15 carries. Young, meanwhile, added 118 yards and three touchdowns on just six carries in Duchense's 56-12 win over Layton Christian.
2. Jake Lloyd, 6-1, 170, QB, Timpview HS
Lloyd has been steadily improving with every game this season. During the Thunderbirds' 31-28 win over Timpanogas he went 17 of 25 for 310 yards and four touchdowns. He also carried the ball seven times for another 81 yards.
1. Jordan defensive backfield
The Beetdigger defensive backfield intercepted six total passes during Saturday's 39-0 romp over Notre Dame High School (New Jersey). It's the Jordan offense that has received much of the publicity so far this season, but it was the defense that shined at Rio Tinto stadium.
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame like...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 139
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 98
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 74
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 73
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 65
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 45
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29