There were some great individual and team efforts across the state for the sixth week of the prep football season. Here are five of the top prep performances for the week:
5. Sione Mahe-Wolfgramm, 5-10, 180, RB, Salem Hills HS
Mahe-Wolfgramm had 19 carries for 151 yards and three touchdowns in his team's 30-20 win over Provo.
4. Jaylon Miyasaki, 6-2, 190, WR, Springville HS
Miyasaki had 12 catches for 198 yards and a touchdown in Springville's 29-28 loss to Orem.
3. MaCoy Young 5-11, RB and Braiden Despain, 6-1, RB, Duchense HS
Despain did all of his work in the first half, recording 188 yards and two touchdowns on just 15 carries. Young, meanwhile, added 118 yards and three touchdowns on just six carries in Duchense's 56-12 win over Layton Christian.
2. Jake Lloyd, 6-1, 170, QB, Timpview HS
Lloyd has been steadily improving with every game this season. During the Thunderbirds' 31-28 win over Timpanogas he went 17 of 25 for 310 yards and four touchdowns. He also carried the ball seven times for another 81 yards.
1. Jordan defensive backfield
The Beetdigger defensive backfield intercepted six total passes during Saturday's 39-0 romp over Notre Dame High School (New Jersey). It's the Jordan offense that has received much of the publicity so far this season, but it was the defense that shined at Rio Tinto stadium.
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- BYU football receives commitment from Olympus...
- High school softball: 2A All-State Team
- High school softball: 4A All-State Team
- High school softball: 5A All-State Team
- High school softball: 3A All-State Team
- Ms. Softball: West junior Breah Ava leads the...
- Softball MVPs approached leadership different...
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- High school softball: A closer look at... 0
- High school softball: 2A All-State Team 0
- High school softball: 4A All-State Team 0
- High school softball: 5A All-State Team 0
- High school softball: 3A All-State Team 0
- Ms. Softball: West junior Breah Ava... 0
- Softball MVPs approached leadership... 0