Red roundup: Steve Sarkisian has nice things to say about Norm Chow, Rice-Eccles Stadium
Washington coach and former BYU quarterback Steve Sarkisian had nice things to say about Utah offensive coordinator Norm Chow and the atmosphere at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
The Seattle Times has transcribed some of Sarkisian's comments from his weekly press conference. Some tidbits include:
ON CHOW: "It appears now he's back to running the stuff that he knows and knows well. They've really improved offensively here in these first three games, from Week 1 to Week 2 to Week 3. It looks more like Norm Chow's offense compared to what I watched here last year against UCLA."
ON RICE-ECCLES STADIUM: "It's great. They've got great fans. It's not the biggest of venues in our conference, but they've got great fans. They do a nice job. They understand the game. It will be a great atmosphere."
— Washington set for first game in Salt Lake City.
— The Los Angeles Times offers a roundup of Pac-12 football news on every team.
— Check out ESPN 700 interviews with Brian Johnson, Jordan Wynn and Conroy Black, as well as press conferences by Kyle Whittingham and Steve Sarkisian.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48