Central Florida gave up six sacks a week ago to Florida International, so BYU could see some success in this area.
The Knights used a balanced offensive approach and average 204 yards passing per game.
“They like to run it and beat you with that, but they also have some good players at receiver that will challenge us,” said Eason. “We need to be tighter in our coverages and not allow them to beat us deep. If we do that, then it should be good.”
UCF’s leading receiver is junior Quincy McDuffie, 5-10, 175. He’ll be joined by senior AJ Guyton, 5-11, 198, at the wide receiver position.
“They’re fast, they’re quick and they can beat you down the field,” said Eason. “They have a lot of good athletes on their team and we’ll have to make sure they don’t have any good plays.”
It’s easy to like BYU here as it has done well in defending the pass through most of the season. UCF doesn’t look to present all that much difficulty although it does present some big-play potential.
Look for BYU to hold the Knights well below their average of 204 yards through the air on Friday.
Prediction: BYU 24, Central Florida 16
This game is shaping up to be another low-scoring game. The Utah game shaped up in the same way on paper, but a rash of turnovers among other problems led to 54 points given up.
BYU’s defense should rebound nicely and the offense should see some big improvements on holding on to the football. This team is senior-laden with a lot of good experience that should allow it to rebound from last week’s humiliating defeat.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- College football predictions: How will... 137
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 37