Central Florida gave up six sacks a week ago to Florida International, so BYU could see some success in this area.
The Knights used a balanced offensive approach and average 204 yards passing per game.
“They like to run it and beat you with that, but they also have some good players at receiver that will challenge us,” said Eason. “We need to be tighter in our coverages and not allow them to beat us deep. If we do that, then it should be good.”
UCF’s leading receiver is junior Quincy McDuffie, 5-10, 175. He’ll be joined by senior AJ Guyton, 5-11, 198, at the wide receiver position.
“They’re fast, they’re quick and they can beat you down the field,” said Eason. “They have a lot of good athletes on their team and we’ll have to make sure they don’t have any good plays.”
It’s easy to like BYU here as it has done well in defending the pass through most of the season. UCF doesn’t look to present all that much difficulty although it does present some big-play potential.
Look for BYU to hold the Knights well below their average of 204 yards through the air on Friday.
Prediction: BYU 24, Central Florida 16
This game is shaping up to be another low-scoring game. The Utah game shaped up in the same way on paper, but a rash of turnovers among other problems led to 54 points given up.
BYU’s defense should rebound nicely and the offense should see some big improvements on holding on to the football. This team is senior-laden with a lot of good experience that should allow it to rebound from last week’s humiliating defeat.
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Deseret News live streaming schedule for boys...
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- Utah Jazz: Team is a long shot to win NBA's...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- High school baseball: Logan's Chase Nelson...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 130
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 53
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 22
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 18
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 13
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10