"TEACHINGS OF THOMAS S. MONSON," compiled by Lynne F. Cannegieter, Deseret Book, $29.99, 365 pages (nf)
"Teachings of Thomas S. Monson" summarizes five decades of inspired teachings by a prophet of the Lord.
Compiled by Lynne F. Cannegieter and being released on Sept. 30, President Monson's new book is intended as a companion to his biography, “To The Rescue,” by Heidi S. Swinton.
“Its purpose is to highlight President Monson’s doctrinal teachings on a variety of subjects, focusing on the core of the topic and featuring what he has taught rather than how he has taught it,” reads the preface. “His insights on communication, discipleship, home and family, service, and Jesus Christ, to name just a few of the dozens of topics treated therein, invite us to examine our own lives and move us to reach higher.”
More than 125 topics are addressed in the book with a high quality cover and heavy paper. In addition to quickly accessing statements on gospel principles, readers will also be treated to a scriptural index so they can learn what President Monson has taught about specific scriptural passages.
President Monson was set apart as the 16th president of the LDS Church in February 2008. He was called to be an apostle in October 1963.
“One of the great blessings of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the steady leadership of prophets, seers, and revelators in an often chaotic modern world,” the preface continues. “It is our belief that as we read the prophet’s words, testimonies will grow, and we can catch a vision of our Father in Heaven’s eternal purpose that will provide the guidance, stability, and hope we need in our lives.”
“Teachings of Thomas S. Monson” will be available at Deseret Book and other LDS book retailers.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 19
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- New DVD tells story of David... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5