"TEACHINGS OF THOMAS S. MONSON," compiled by Lynne F. Cannegieter, Deseret Book, $29.99, 365 pages (nf)
"Teachings of Thomas S. Monson" summarizes five decades of inspired teachings by a prophet of the Lord.
Compiled by Lynne F. Cannegieter and being released on Sept. 30, President Monson's new book is intended as a companion to his biography, “To The Rescue,” by Heidi S. Swinton.
“Its purpose is to highlight President Monson’s doctrinal teachings on a variety of subjects, focusing on the core of the topic and featuring what he has taught rather than how he has taught it,” reads the preface. “His insights on communication, discipleship, home and family, service, and Jesus Christ, to name just a few of the dozens of topics treated therein, invite us to examine our own lives and move us to reach higher.”
More than 125 topics are addressed in the book with a high quality cover and heavy paper. In addition to quickly accessing statements on gospel principles, readers will also be treated to a scriptural index so they can learn what President Monson has taught about specific scriptural passages.
President Monson was set apart as the 16th president of the LDS Church in February 2008. He was called to be an apostle in October 1963.
“One of the great blessings of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the steady leadership of prophets, seers, and revelators in an often chaotic modern world,” the preface continues. “It is our belief that as we read the prophet’s words, testimonies will grow, and we can catch a vision of our Father in Heaven’s eternal purpose that will provide the guidance, stability, and hope we need in our lives.”
“Teachings of Thomas S. Monson” will be available at Deseret Book and other LDS book retailers.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 28
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 24
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 16
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- GOP platform: Plenty for evangelicals... 12