"TEACHINGS OF THOMAS S. MONSON," compiled by Lynne F. Cannegieter, Deseret Book, $29.99, 365 pages (nf)
"Teachings of Thomas S. Monson" summarizes five decades of inspired teachings by a prophet of the Lord.
Compiled by Lynne F. Cannegieter and being released on Sept. 30, President Monson's new book is intended as a companion to his biography, “To The Rescue,” by Heidi S. Swinton.
“Its purpose is to highlight President Monson’s doctrinal teachings on a variety of subjects, focusing on the core of the topic and featuring what he has taught rather than how he has taught it,” reads the preface. “His insights on communication, discipleship, home and family, service, and Jesus Christ, to name just a few of the dozens of topics treated therein, invite us to examine our own lives and move us to reach higher.”
More than 125 topics are addressed in the book with a high quality cover and heavy paper. In addition to quickly accessing statements on gospel principles, readers will also be treated to a scriptural index so they can learn what President Monson has taught about specific scriptural passages.
President Monson was set apart as the 16th president of the LDS Church in February 2008. He was called to be an apostle in October 1963.
“One of the great blessings of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the steady leadership of prophets, seers, and revelators in an often chaotic modern world,” the preface continues. “It is our belief that as we read the prophet’s words, testimonies will grow, and we can catch a vision of our Father in Heaven’s eternal purpose that will provide the guidance, stability, and hope we need in our lives.”
“Teachings of Thomas S. Monson” will be available at Deseret Book and other LDS book retailers.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New features at Ogden Temple reception tent...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 22
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 18
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- New features at Ogden Temple reception... 6
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 6