Limon: I think it will be a close game, but I will have to give the edge to BYU. It is just too hard to cross two time zones and play in that big of an environment and get a win; 27-24, BYU.
Who do you think will be the game MVP?
Daniels: Godfrey, because when he plays well, everything goes well.
Limon: If UCF is able to get a win I think the MVP would have to be Godfrey. He is just a unique competitor, and I don’t see him having two bad games in a row. Godfrey was highly recruited out of high school as a receiver or corner because he is maybe 5 foot 10. UCF offered him as a quarterback and he jumped at the chance to prove himself. I think a lot of schools regret not taking a chance on him, considering how well he has played.
Anything else BYU fans should know about UCF?
Daniels: UCF is 5 and 1 on ESPN, and Coach O’Leary says they love the exposure. They just don’t want to get exposed.
UCF is the second largest school for enrollment in the country. They also have the only indoor practice facility in Florida. They also have an athlete’s village on campus so that the players from the time they wake up until they go to bed are surrounded by their sport. All the buildings are fairly new and state of the art. It has been a very nice recruiting tool for UCF.
Limon: UCF has the second highest enrollment in the country, behind Arizona State. They really are a young and upcoming program. Florida and Florida State will always get their fill of top recruits. With Miami under possible sanctions, six to eight potential players could swing to UCF over the next few years. This team is hungry and excited to grow and develop into a player on the national stage.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45