In going independent, BYU has looked at Notre Dame as a role model.
As college football undergoes a seismic shift with talk of widespread conference realignment, could the Fighting Irish drop their independent status?
There are several reports that say that Notre Dame would be better off joining the Atlantic Coast Conference. Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel writes, "If I’m Notre Dame today, and I see the Big East in mid-implosion, see that the ACC has essentially left a spot for me (temporarily) and see the long-term demographic trends for the Midwest, I’m spending the afternoon having a long, soul-searching look in the independence mirror."
SI.com's Andy Staples says that Notre Dame is the big prize in conference realignment.
Meanwhile, the Big 12 seems to be hanging together by a thread, with Texas and Oklahoma soon to determine that league's fate. Will one or both join the Pac-12? Meanwhile, could the Big 12 and the Big East merge?
BYU's former conference, the Mountain West, is keeping very busy these days. The league is hoping that TCU stays, while it is also looking at a possible merger with Conference USA. Commissioner Craig Thompson has been talking to some Big 12 schools that could be homeless if the Big 12 collapses.
Watch this humorous video about tackling skills produced by BYUtv.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 110
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 34
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20