“He’s as good as any receiver we’ll face all year,” said Uale. “He’s fast, he’s quick, and he can get downfield on you. We saw him last year, and he’s still the same guy — probably even better. Number six (Dres Andersen, 6-1, 171, freshman) and No. 14 (Reggie Dunn, 5-10, 170, Junior) both look really good and explosive as well.”
Utah will be using its tight ends quite a bit this year, which hasn’t been its norm through the years. Tight ends Kendrick Moeai, 6-5, 260, junior, and Dallin Rogers, 6-3, 245, junior, have combined for 11 catches for 78 yards so far this season.
There are still some huge question marks surrounding Wynn and his ability in getting the ball down the field. He showed some life against USC last week, but for the most part has had to rely on short and intermediate passes to move the offense.
“Even though they haven’t gone downfield much, we still have to be ready for it every time,” cautioned Uale. “If you’re too confident, if we cheat too much, that’s when they’ll beat us, so we have to be careful to always stop the long pass first as safeties.”
Despite his difficulties, Wynn and the Utah passing arsenal look to be the most potent that BYU’s secondary has faced so far this season. The key will be to stop Christopher, who looks to be the Ute’s most potent offensive weapon.
Prediction: BYU 20, Utah 17
BYU should be able to figure some things out on offense, but until it does, it’s hard to assign the Cougars any more than 20 points. On the other side of the ball, BYU should be able to hold Wynn and company in check.
Fans can expect an ugly and competitive game, which will follow the course that most BYU vs. Utah match-ups have followed through recent years. This one will come down to the fourth quarter, where a more experienced BYU offensive arsenal will prove to be the difference
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13