Herbert appoints Envision Utah head as his senior environmental adviser
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Alan Matheson Jr., the head of Envision Utah, to serve as his senior environmental adviser.
Matheson replaces Ted Wilson, who stepped down in July to take a government affairs post with Talisker, an international development firm that owns Canyons ski resort and other properties in the Park City and Deer Valley areas.
The governor's office said Matheson will start work on Oct. 11. Herbert praised the executive director of the private/public partnership to manage growth for "his solid experience on a variety of difficult issues and his no-nonsense ability to build consensus."
Before joining Envision Utah, Matheson was the founding director of Trout Unlimited's Utah Water Project. He also has been a partner in a Phoenix law firm, specializing in natural resource and water law, and a senior attorney and environmental policy adviser for Arizona's largest electric utility.
He is a member of the Sandy Planning Commission, Wasatch Front Regional Planning Council, Salt Lake City Energy and Climate Advisory Committee, Rocky Mountain Power Electrical Plan Task Force and the Governor's Oil Shale and Tar Sands Advisory Panel.
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Video: Utah man uses 'random acts of pasta'...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 36
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 21
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 21