Herbert appoints Envision Utah head as his senior environmental adviser
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Alan Matheson Jr., the head of Envision Utah, to serve as his senior environmental adviser.
Matheson replaces Ted Wilson, who stepped down in July to take a government affairs post with Talisker, an international development firm that owns Canyons ski resort and other properties in the Park City and Deer Valley areas.
The governor's office said Matheson will start work on Oct. 11. Herbert praised the executive director of the private/public partnership to manage growth for "his solid experience on a variety of difficult issues and his no-nonsense ability to build consensus."
Before joining Envision Utah, Matheson was the founding director of Trout Unlimited's Utah Water Project. He also has been a partner in a Phoenix law firm, specializing in natural resource and water law, and a senior attorney and environmental policy adviser for Arizona's largest electric utility.
He is a member of the Sandy Planning Commission, Wasatch Front Regional Planning Council, Salt Lake City Energy and Climate Advisory Committee, Rocky Mountain Power Electrical Plan Task Force and the Governor's Oil Shale and Tar Sands Advisory Panel.
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- About Utah: Utah Valley University fills a...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- New prison site not expected to be named...
- How to keep a youthful appearance
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 43
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 30
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 23
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 21
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 20
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 20
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18