Herbert appoints Envision Utah head as his senior environmental adviser
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Alan Matheson Jr., the head of Envision Utah, to serve as his senior environmental adviser.
Matheson replaces Ted Wilson, who stepped down in July to take a government affairs post with Talisker, an international development firm that owns Canyons ski resort and other properties in the Park City and Deer Valley areas.
The governor's office said Matheson will start work on Oct. 11. Herbert praised the executive director of the private/public partnership to manage growth for "his solid experience on a variety of difficult issues and his no-nonsense ability to build consensus."
Before joining Envision Utah, Matheson was the founding director of Trout Unlimited's Utah Water Project. He also has been a partner in a Phoenix law firm, specializing in natural resource and water law, and a senior attorney and environmental policy adviser for Arizona's largest electric utility.
He is a member of the Sandy Planning Commission, Wasatch Front Regional Planning Council, Salt Lake City Energy and Climate Advisory Committee, Rocky Mountain Power Electrical Plan Task Force and the Governor's Oil Shale and Tar Sands Advisory Panel.
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- One man electrocuted, 2 others injured in...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- Utah Highway Patrol trooper shot multiple...
- 9 of the worst things you can do to your...
- Police identify man killed in I-80 rollover
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- Police working to identify boys who left...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 71
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now... 17
- Stolen identity: Congressman Jason... 12
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that... 12