Herbert appoints Envision Utah head as his senior environmental adviser
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Alan Matheson Jr., the head of Envision Utah, to serve as his senior environmental adviser.
Matheson replaces Ted Wilson, who stepped down in July to take a government affairs post with Talisker, an international development firm that owns Canyons ski resort and other properties in the Park City and Deer Valley areas.
The governor's office said Matheson will start work on Oct. 11. Herbert praised the executive director of the private/public partnership to manage growth for "his solid experience on a variety of difficult issues and his no-nonsense ability to build consensus."
Before joining Envision Utah, Matheson was the founding director of Trout Unlimited's Utah Water Project. He also has been a partner in a Phoenix law firm, specializing in natural resource and water law, and a senior attorney and environmental policy adviser for Arizona's largest electric utility.
He is a member of the Sandy Planning Commission, Wasatch Front Regional Planning Council, Salt Lake City Energy and Climate Advisory Committee, Rocky Mountain Power Electrical Plan Task Force and the Governor's Oil Shale and Tar Sands Advisory Panel.
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride Center's...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- 1 dead in Uintah County after track hoe...
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in Provo
- Sister missionaries relocated from Provo MTC...
- Ask a Chef: 3 funeral potato recipes that...
- Farmington woman tumbles 150 feet in hiking...
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 55
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 41
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12