Herbert appoints Envision Utah head as his senior environmental adviser
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Alan Matheson Jr., the head of Envision Utah, to serve as his senior environmental adviser.
Matheson replaces Ted Wilson, who stepped down in July to take a government affairs post with Talisker, an international development firm that owns Canyons ski resort and other properties in the Park City and Deer Valley areas.
The governor's office said Matheson will start work on Oct. 11. Herbert praised the executive director of the private/public partnership to manage growth for "his solid experience on a variety of difficult issues and his no-nonsense ability to build consensus."
Before joining Envision Utah, Matheson was the founding director of Trout Unlimited's Utah Water Project. He also has been a partner in a Phoenix law firm, specializing in natural resource and water law, and a senior attorney and environmental policy adviser for Arizona's largest electric utility.
He is a member of the Sandy Planning Commission, Wasatch Front Regional Planning Council, Salt Lake City Energy and Climate Advisory Committee, Rocky Mountain Power Electrical Plan Task Force and the Governor's Oil Shale and Tar Sands Advisory Panel.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 41
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17