Herbert appoints Envision Utah head as his senior environmental adviser
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Alan Matheson Jr., the head of Envision Utah, to serve as his senior environmental adviser.
Matheson replaces Ted Wilson, who stepped down in July to take a government affairs post with Talisker, an international development firm that owns Canyons ski resort and other properties in the Park City and Deer Valley areas.
The governor's office said Matheson will start work on Oct. 11. Herbert praised the executive director of the private/public partnership to manage growth for "his solid experience on a variety of difficult issues and his no-nonsense ability to build consensus."
Before joining Envision Utah, Matheson was the founding director of Trout Unlimited's Utah Water Project. He also has been a partner in a Phoenix law firm, specializing in natural resource and water law, and a senior attorney and environmental policy adviser for Arizona's largest electric utility.
He is a member of the Sandy Planning Commission, Wasatch Front Regional Planning Council, Salt Lake City Energy and Climate Advisory Committee, Rocky Mountain Power Electrical Plan Task Force and the Governor's Oil Shale and Tar Sands Advisory Panel.
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9