Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Harmons Emigration Market, 1706 E. 1300 South, in Salt Lake City opened Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011. The 10,000-square-foot store has a smaller footprint compared to the chain's average 68,000-square-foot stores, but it is stocked with 8,000 various grocery items providing great convenience for residents in the surrounding neighborhoods. Harmons purchased the original Emigration Market building, a locally-owned grocery store that had been in continuous operation since the 1940s and completely renovated it. It is the 15th Harmons store.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17