SALT LAKE CITY — Six people were arrested following a shooting in a Salt Lake City park that left one teen with minor injuries.
Just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police were dispatched to Jordan Park, 1060 S. 900 West, on a report of a shooting. They found a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his foot, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
A second teen was treated and released at the scene for injuries sustained in a fist fight, he said.
Salt Lake gang detectives went to several locations throughout the city to investigate the incident, including a house at 1579 S. Von Baron Place (1427 West). Detectives served a search warrant on the building and seized a rifle and ammunition, McGowan said.
A handgun was located at a second undisclosed location.
Three adults and three youths were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of charges ranging from riot, aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.
A possible motive for the confrontation was not immediately released.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14