SALT LAKE CITY — Six people were arrested following a shooting in a Salt Lake City park that left one teen with minor injuries.
Just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police were dispatched to Jordan Park, 1060 S. 900 West, on a report of a shooting. They found a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his foot, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
A second teen was treated and released at the scene for injuries sustained in a fist fight, he said.
Salt Lake gang detectives went to several locations throughout the city to investigate the incident, including a house at 1579 S. Von Baron Place (1427 West). Detectives served a search warrant on the building and seized a rifle and ammunition, McGowan said.
A handgun was located at a second undisclosed location.
Three adults and three youths were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of charges ranging from riot, aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.
A possible motive for the confrontation was not immediately released.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- South Jordan mayor says idea to split Jordan...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 26
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 14
- No money for House Speaker Becky... 13