SALT LAKE CITY — Six people were arrested following a shooting in a Salt Lake City park that left one teen with minor injuries.
Just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police were dispatched to Jordan Park, 1060 S. 900 West, on a report of a shooting. They found a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his foot, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
A second teen was treated and released at the scene for injuries sustained in a fist fight, he said.
Salt Lake gang detectives went to several locations throughout the city to investigate the incident, including a house at 1579 S. Von Baron Place (1427 West). Detectives served a search warrant on the building and seized a rifle and ammunition, McGowan said.
A handgun was located at a second undisclosed location.
Three adults and three youths were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of charges ranging from riot, aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.
A possible motive for the confrontation was not immediately released.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22