SALT LAKE CITY — Six people were arrested following a shooting in a Salt Lake City park that left one teen with minor injuries.
Just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police were dispatched to Jordan Park, 1060 S. 900 West, on a report of a shooting. They found a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his foot, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
A second teen was treated and released at the scene for injuries sustained in a fist fight, he said.
Salt Lake gang detectives went to several locations throughout the city to investigate the incident, including a house at 1579 S. Von Baron Place (1427 West). Detectives served a search warrant on the building and seized a rifle and ammunition, McGowan said.
A handgun was located at a second undisclosed location.
Three adults and three youths were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of charges ranging from riot, aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.
A possible motive for the confrontation was not immediately released.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12