SALT LAKE CITY — Six people were arrested following a shooting in a Salt Lake City park that left one teen with minor injuries.
Just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police were dispatched to Jordan Park, 1060 S. 900 West, on a report of a shooting. They found a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his foot, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
A second teen was treated and released at the scene for injuries sustained in a fist fight, he said.
Salt Lake gang detectives went to several locations throughout the city to investigate the incident, including a house at 1579 S. Von Baron Place (1427 West). Detectives served a search warrant on the building and seized a rifle and ammunition, McGowan said.
A handgun was located at a second undisclosed location.
Three adults and three youths were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of charges ranging from riot, aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.
A possible motive for the confrontation was not immediately released.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8