SALT LAKE CITY — Six people were arrested following a shooting in a Salt Lake City park that left one teen with minor injuries.
Just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police were dispatched to Jordan Park, 1060 S. 900 West, on a report of a shooting. They found a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his foot, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
A second teen was treated and released at the scene for injuries sustained in a fist fight, he said.
Salt Lake gang detectives went to several locations throughout the city to investigate the incident, including a house at 1579 S. Von Baron Place (1427 West). Detectives served a search warrant on the building and seized a rifle and ammunition, McGowan said.
A handgun was located at a second undisclosed location.
Three adults and three youths were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of charges ranging from riot, aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.
A possible motive for the confrontation was not immediately released.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Landslide remediation plans emerge amid...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 34
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 33
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 23
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20