SALT LAKE CITY — Six people were arrested following a shooting in a Salt Lake City park that left one teen with minor injuries.
Just before 8 p.m. Wednesday, police were dispatched to Jordan Park, 1060 S. 900 West, on a report of a shooting. They found a 16-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his foot, said Salt Lake City police detective Dennis McGowan. He was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.
A second teen was treated and released at the scene for injuries sustained in a fist fight, he said.
Salt Lake gang detectives went to several locations throughout the city to investigate the incident, including a house at 1579 S. Von Baron Place (1427 West). Detectives served a search warrant on the building and seized a rifle and ammunition, McGowan said.
A handgun was located at a second undisclosed location.
Three adults and three youths were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and juvenile detention for investigation of charges ranging from riot, aggravated assault and obstruction of justice.
A possible motive for the confrontation was not immediately released.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9