Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Noelle Perkins competes in the horsemanship event of the Utah High School Rodeo Association Queen contest at the Wasatch County Fairgrounds in Heber City on Tuesday, June 7, 2011. Eight girls vied for the title of Miss Utah High School Rodeo Queen, which was won by 17-year-old Bailey Jo Woolsey, of Morgan. The competition involved a full day of events, starting with a 50-question test based on the National High School Rodeo Association rulebook. The girls continued with a modeling competition, a two-minute prepared speech, answering an impromptu question by the judges, a personal interview and a horsemanship performance. Overall appearance and personality were critiqued throughout the entire competition.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9