Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Noelle Perkins competes in the horsemanship event of the Utah High School Rodeo Association Queen contest at the Wasatch County Fairgrounds in Heber City on Tuesday, June 7, 2011. Eight girls vied for the title of Miss Utah High School Rodeo Queen, which was won by 17-year-old Bailey Jo Woolsey, of Morgan. The competition involved a full day of events, starting with a 50-question test based on the National High School Rodeo Association rulebook. The girls continued with a modeling competition, a two-minute prepared speech, answering an impromptu question by the judges, a personal interview and a horsemanship performance. Overall appearance and personality were critiqued throughout the entire competition.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14