Bean: Texas has to stop the run and make BYU one dimensional. They need to put pressure on Heaps and make him beat Texas by himself. Texas needs Garrett Gilbert to have a good start keep the BYU defense honest so they can’t key on the run.
Texas has to protect the ball. They were atrocious last year, giving up a lot of turnovers. This game should be close so turning the ball over, and giving Heaps and his offense a short field could be a big deal.
Who do you think wins and give us a score?
Barnes: Texas, because it is a home game. If it where in Utah, I might go BYU. Based on last week's games I would say this will be a low-scoring affair with Texas winning 24-23.
Bean: I will say Texas because they are at home. I see this a low-scoring game with Texas winning 24-23.
Who do you think will be the game MVP?
Barnes: Malcolm Brown. Brown was the leading rusher last week. Fans knew when he was in the game, and there was electricity in the air.
Bean: Malcom Brown. He is the kind of back that will wear you out over an entire game. He can carry the ball 20 times in the second half and pound out a win.
Charles Kano is a senior writer for truebluecougars.com, a Deseret News partner. He is an avid sports fan with a particular interest in high school and college athletics.
- Ranking the best NBA players to ever come out...
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- Photo story: What teenagers taught me at the...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- BYU outlasts USF in overtime, 79-77
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 73
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 29
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26
- Krystkowiak asks Runnin' Utes to stay... 24
- Utah basketball: Regular-season finale... 24
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 20