Laura Seitz, Deseret News
South Davis Metro Fire Agency Fire Marshal Steve Cox, a 22-year firefighting veteran, died Sunday afternoon from complications associated with a Aug. 26 training exercise. He was hired by the South Davis Fire District as a part-time firefighter in 1989. In 1994, he was hired as a full-time firefighter by the district at the title of engineer. Cox was promoted to the position of Fire Marshal for South Davis Fire District in 2000. When Bountiful City Fire and South Davis Fire District merged in 2005, he continued in the role as fire marshal. He was also employed on a part time basis as the fire marshal of Farmington City Fire Department. Cox leaves behind a wife and three sons, a daughter and a stepdaughter, as well as their families.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17