Laura Seitz, Deseret News
South Davis Metro Fire Agency Fire Marshal Steve Cox, a 22-year firefighting veteran, died Sunday afternoon from complications associated with a Aug. 26 training exercise. He was hired by the South Davis Fire District as a part-time firefighter in 1989. In 1994, he was hired as a full-time firefighter by the district at the title of engineer. Cox was promoted to the position of Fire Marshal for South Davis Fire District in 2000. When Bountiful City Fire and South Davis Fire District merged in 2005, he continued in the role as fire marshal. He was also employed on a part time basis as the fire marshal of Farmington City Fire Department. Cox leaves behind a wife and three sons, a daughter and a stepdaughter, as well as their families.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Second student sues district over... 14
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11