Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Officers with the Salt Lake City Police Department attended the motor school for motorcycle officers at the Utah State Fairpark in Salt Lake City Thursday, Sept. 1, 2011. The purpose for the training is to make certain that each candidate is able to operate a motorcycle under the various conditions required in police work. They must pass various obstacle courses under a time limit without hitting cones, as well as pass a braking exam. The overall proficiency in each of the exams must be 90 percent to pass.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23