Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Officers with the Salt Lake City Police Department attended the motor school for motorcycle officers at the Utah State Fairpark in Salt Lake City Thursday, Sept. 1, 2011. The purpose for the training is to make certain that each candidate is able to operate a motorcycle under the various conditions required in police work. They must pass various obstacle courses under a time limit without hitting cones, as well as pass a braking exam. The overall proficiency in each of the exams must be 90 percent to pass.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Pure joy: Special needs students vie for the...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12