Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
The Red Cross held its Pre-Labor Day Blood Drive in Salt Lake City, Aug. 29, 2011. According to the Red Cross, in Utah, someone needs blood every eight minutes. To meet the constant demand, the Red Cross strives to collect nearly 400 units of blood every day to serve the 33 hospitals it serves. Hurricane Irene forced the cancellation of nearly 60 American Red Cross blood drives, resulting in a shortfall of more than 2100 units of blood.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14