WEST VALLEY CITY — An ongoing dispute between neighbors over a laptop turned into what police described as a major brawl Sunday night.
"It was a huge, huge fight," said West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell.
Three men, all related, were arrested after investigators say an ongoing dispute with a neighbor culminated about 8:30 p.m. Sunday when the trio burst into the neighbor's apartment and a brawl ensued. At least one of the men was armed with a knife and the other a bat, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
"They entered the apartment and started fighting and slashing," Powell said.
The victim's girlfriend was also inside the apartment at the time. She became so scared when the men kicked in the door that she "feared for her life and broke out the front living room window and jumped out," the report states.
By the time it was over, all three men and the victim suffered some injuries. The victim was treated at a local hospital for lacerations across his face.
Gary Cross, 54, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of attempted murder and aggravated burglary. His son, Gary Cross Jr., 20, and his brother, Lamar Cross, 52, were each arrested for investigation of attempted murder and aggravated burglary.
In his jail booking mug shot, Lamar Cross is wearing a hospital gown and has a large band-aid across his neck.
Earlier this year, Gary Cross Sr. pleaded no contest to attempted damage of a jail and attempted assault by a prisoner, according to Utah state court records. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail.
Powell said the dispute was apparently over property that one party claimed the other had but wouldn't return.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Jordan School District opens doors on its...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12