Today in the Bloggernacle: Interview with President Packer, and USNS Comfort mission
LDS Newsroom Blog
The Seventy: I highlighted part one about two weeks ago, so I was excited to see The Twelve and the Seventy part two: Working as one. It is an interview with Elder Ronald A. Rasband, senior president of the Presidency of the Seventy, and President Boyd K. Packer, president of the Quorum of the Twelve, who discuss how the Seventy assists the Twelve, travels around the world and are trained. And check out the fascinating timeline regarding the Seventy at the bottom of the page. Do you know when the First Quorum was organized? How about activated? There are 140 years in between!
USNS Comfort: Did you know that there are 71 LDS volunteers on the USNS Comfort’s Continuing Promise 2011 mission? Click in for four beautiful service-filled experiences as reported on the LDS Newsroom blog. Here’s a taste: “In Peru, (volunteer Nicolette) Broby became acquainted with a woman who received new glasses. The woman was hugging family and jumping up and down from the joy of her improved vision. “As she walked near me, I told her I loved her glasses and she looked beautiful wearing them,” Broby said. “She immediately gave me a bear hug and flashed the biggest smile you can imagine. My happiness for her was overwhelming. I burst into tears for the first time on the entire trip.”
Song review: If you are a Primary chorister, then you must check out this clever Truth or Consequences game (and printable download) that helps your Primary children review the 2011 Sacrament Meeting program songs with creative actions and interesting trivia questions. So fun! But also so educational!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9