Boy shot at gun range reportedly showing positive signs
FRUIT HEIGHTS — The family of a teen boy critically injured during an accidental shooting at a Davis County gun range told police Sunday there were positive signs to report.
A 15-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Saturday afternoon in extremely critical condition after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a .45-caliber handgun while target shooting with his father at the Wasatch Shooters Association Public Shooting Range.
The family has asked the Davis County Sheriff's Office not to release the boy's name. Sunday, Davis County Sheriff's Sgt. Susan Poulsen said the family told her that the boy was improving and actually "responding" to hospital workers and family members to basic commands, though he is still not able to speak.
An official condition from the hospital was not known Sunday due to federal privacy laws.
Poulsen said the boy's family has requested privacy during this difficult time.
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18