Boy shot at gun range reportedly showing positive signs
FRUIT HEIGHTS — The family of a teen boy critically injured during an accidental shooting at a Davis County gun range told police Sunday there were positive signs to report.
A 15-year-old boy was taken to the hospital Saturday afternoon in extremely critical condition after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a .45-caliber handgun while target shooting with his father at the Wasatch Shooters Association Public Shooting Range.
The family has asked the Davis County Sheriff's Office not to release the boy's name. Sunday, Davis County Sheriff's Sgt. Susan Poulsen said the family told her that the boy was improving and actually "responding" to hospital workers and family members to basic commands, though he is still not able to speak.
An official condition from the hospital was not known Sunday due to federal privacy laws.
Poulsen said the boy's family has requested privacy during this difficult time.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 11
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10