Utah State football coach Gary Andersen's radio show starts Tuesday
Utah State head football coach Gary Andersen’s radio show will start on Tuesday, Aug. 30. The show, which will air mostly on Thursdays, will run from 6:05-6:45 p.m. on 610 AM KVNU and 610kvnu.com, as well as streamed on UtahStateAggies.com.
The Copper Mill and Elements restaurants will rotate hosting the show, starting with the Copper Mill. The show will give USU fans an opportunity to ask questions and interact with Andersen and the players.
Host Al Lewis will recap the previous week and preview the upcoming game, taking questions from the audience and listeners.
The Aggies are in preparation for their season-opener on Saturday, Sept. 3, at No. 23/19 Auburn at 10 a.m. MDT, which will be aired on ESPN2.
USU’s preseason will conclude with a scrimmage on Saturday, Aug. 27, at noon as part of a Utah State Aggie Football Family Fun Day, sponsored by Macey’s Foods. The event will give fans a chance to meet USU football players and coaches and participate in games and activities, as well as purchase and pick up season tickets. Activities sponsored by Macey’s Foods will begin at the South Concourse of Romney Stadium.
Season tickets as well as two-game packages also will be available for purchase Saturday at the Romney Stadium box office.
After its season-opener at Auburn on Saturday, Sept. 3, Utah State’s home opener will be Saturday, Sept. 10, at 6 p.m., taking on in-state foe Weber State, marking the first time that USU and WSU have squared off since 2001, and Utah State leads the all-time series, 11-1. The Aggie-Wildcat match-up will have special meaning for Andersen, who will be facing his mentor, Weber State head coach Ron McBride. Andersen played for McBride at Utah in 1985-86.
For USU football ticket information, contact the USU ticket office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, or by phone by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305 or online 24 hours a day at www.utahstateaggies.com under the “tickets” drop down menu.
Fans can follow the Aggie football program at twitter.com/USUFootball. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on Facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
2011 coach Gary Andersen's radio show schedule
(Subject to change)
• Aug. 30 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Sept. 8 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Sept. 22 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Sept. 28 at Elements. 6:05-7 p.m.
• Oct. 6 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Oct. 13 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Oct. 20 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Nov. 2 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Nov. 10, Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Nov. 17 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Dec. 1 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon overcomes...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 76
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 66
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 64
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 62
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 24
- High school recruiting: Jackson Barton,... 20