Utah State football coach Gary Andersen's radio show starts Tuesday
Utah State head football coach Gary Andersen’s radio show will start on Tuesday, Aug. 30. The show, which will air mostly on Thursdays, will run from 6:05-6:45 p.m. on 610 AM KVNU and 610kvnu.com, as well as streamed on UtahStateAggies.com.
The Copper Mill and Elements restaurants will rotate hosting the show, starting with the Copper Mill. The show will give USU fans an opportunity to ask questions and interact with Andersen and the players.
Host Al Lewis will recap the previous week and preview the upcoming game, taking questions from the audience and listeners.
The Aggies are in preparation for their season-opener on Saturday, Sept. 3, at No. 23/19 Auburn at 10 a.m. MDT, which will be aired on ESPN2.
USU’s preseason will conclude with a scrimmage on Saturday, Aug. 27, at noon as part of a Utah State Aggie Football Family Fun Day, sponsored by Macey’s Foods. The event will give fans a chance to meet USU football players and coaches and participate in games and activities, as well as purchase and pick up season tickets. Activities sponsored by Macey’s Foods will begin at the South Concourse of Romney Stadium.
Season tickets as well as two-game packages also will be available for purchase Saturday at the Romney Stadium box office.
After its season-opener at Auburn on Saturday, Sept. 3, Utah State’s home opener will be Saturday, Sept. 10, at 6 p.m., taking on in-state foe Weber State, marking the first time that USU and WSU have squared off since 2001, and Utah State leads the all-time series, 11-1. The Aggie-Wildcat match-up will have special meaning for Andersen, who will be facing his mentor, Weber State head coach Ron McBride. Andersen played for McBride at Utah in 1985-86.
For USU football ticket information, contact the USU ticket office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, or by phone by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305 or online 24 hours a day at www.utahstateaggies.com under the “tickets” drop down menu.
Fans can follow the Aggie football program at twitter.com/USUFootball. Aggie fans can also follow the Utah State athletic program at twitter.com/USUAthletics or on Facebook at Utah State University Athletics.
2011 coach Gary Andersen's radio show schedule
(Subject to change)
• Aug. 30 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Sept. 8 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Sept. 22 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Sept. 28 at Elements. 6:05-7 p.m.
• Oct. 6 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Oct. 13 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Oct. 20 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Nov. 2 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Nov. 10, Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Nov. 17 at Elements, 6:05-7 p.m.
• Dec. 1 at Copper Mill, 6:05-7 p.m.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 31
- Video: 100 days until college football... 28