Man, 37, killed after collision with school bus in Vernal
VERNAL — A 37-year-old man was killed in Vernal early Friday after his vehicle collided with the rear of a school bus.
Orlando Octavio Ramirez died after the Jeep Cherokee he was driving collided with a school bus around 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of 500 West and Main Street, Vernal police reported.
Ramirez "was traveling at a very high rate of speed" when he ran a red light and struck the bus' rear, right corner. Police said the accident caused "excessive damage" to both of the vehicles involved.
Ramirez died as a result of his injuries.
Police reported that there were no children on the bus at the time.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 65
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18