VERNAL — A 37-year-old man was killed in Vernal early Friday after his vehicle collided with the rear of a school bus.
Orlando Octavio Ramirez died after the Jeep Cherokee he was driving collided with a school bus around 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of 500 West and Main Street, Vernal police reported.
Ramirez "was traveling at a very high rate of speed" when he ran a red light and struck the bus' rear, right corner. Police said the accident caused "excessive damage" to both of the vehicles involved.
Ramirez died as a result of his injuries.
Police reported that there were no children on the bus at the time.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13