Man, 37, killed after collision with school bus in Vernal
VERNAL — A 37-year-old man was killed in Vernal early Friday after his vehicle collided with the rear of a school bus.
Orlando Octavio Ramirez died after the Jeep Cherokee he was driving collided with a school bus around 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of 500 West and Main Street, Vernal police reported.
Ramirez "was traveling at a very high rate of speed" when he ran a red light and struck the bus' rear, right corner. Police said the accident caused "excessive damage" to both of the vehicles involved.
Ramirez died as a result of his injuries.
Police reported that there were no children on the bus at the time.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12