VERNAL — A 37-year-old man was killed in Vernal early Friday after his vehicle collided with the rear of a school bus.
Orlando Octavio Ramirez died after the Jeep Cherokee he was driving collided with a school bus around 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of 500 West and Main Street, Vernal police reported.
Ramirez "was traveling at a very high rate of speed" when he ran a red light and struck the bus' rear, right corner. Police said the accident caused "excessive damage" to both of the vehicles involved.
Ramirez died as a result of his injuries.
Police reported that there were no children on the bus at the time.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 22