Man, 37, killed after collision with school bus in Vernal
VERNAL — A 37-year-old man was killed in Vernal early Friday after his vehicle collided with the rear of a school bus.
Orlando Octavio Ramirez died after the Jeep Cherokee he was driving collided with a school bus around 5:45 a.m. at the intersection of 500 West and Main Street, Vernal police reported.
Ramirez "was traveling at a very high rate of speed" when he ran a red light and struck the bus' rear, right corner. Police said the accident caused "excessive damage" to both of the vehicles involved.
Ramirez died as a result of his injuries.
Police reported that there were no children on the bus at the time.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 77
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26