'Embarrassing' videos, journals taken from home, Steven Powell says
Josh Powell says he had 'nothing to do' with disappearance of his wife, Susan
Chuck Cox admitted he thought the recent string of interviews Steven Powell has given was "very odd behavior."
"If anyone had a problem, it's Steven," he said, reacting to the man's suggestions that Susan had a problem with being flirtatious. "It does say a lot about the person making the accusations."
Chuck Cox believes the Powells' recent statements are part of a campaign intended to hurt his family, but said: "I'm not intimidated by him."
The Cox family would like the focus to stay on their daughter. But Chuck Cox admitted he couldn't have asked for more media coverage than he's received recently due to the comments of Steven and Josh Powell.
Susan Powell, a 28-year-old mother of two, has been missing since Dec. 6, 2009. The night before she was reported missing, Josh Powell said he took their young children camping in single-digit temperatures in a remote part of Tooele County in the middle of the night. When he returned a day and a half later, he said his wife was gone.
When asked by "Dateline" what he would tell people who think he killed his wife, Josh Powell said: “I've never hurt my wife. I've never, never hurt her. I've tried to defend her. She's been suffering, she has very low self-esteem because of severe emotional abuse as a child. She's had to live with that, and I've had to try to help her get through that kind of on a regular basis.”
Powell was also asked where he thinks police should be searching for his wife.
“I think they should be searching for a woman who is struggling, someone who wants to come back, is having a difficult time understanding how to come back,” he said.
Thursday's activity came during a week of renewed interest in the Susan Powell case, first sparked by a highly-publicized police search in Ely, Nev. Police said the new search warrant, however, was not connected to last weekend's desert search.
Contributing: Sarah Dallof
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Skiers celebrate snow and opening of Park...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with police...
- Alcohol use suspected in Uintah County crash...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 48
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 28
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Firing squads could be legal again in Utah 16