'Embarrassing' videos, journals taken from home, Steven Powell says
Josh Powell says he had 'nothing to do' with disappearance of his wife, Susan
Chuck Cox admitted he thought the recent string of interviews Steven Powell has given was "very odd behavior."
"If anyone had a problem, it's Steven," he said, reacting to the man's suggestions that Susan had a problem with being flirtatious. "It does say a lot about the person making the accusations."
Chuck Cox believes the Powells' recent statements are part of a campaign intended to hurt his family, but said: "I'm not intimidated by him."
The Cox family would like the focus to stay on their daughter. But Chuck Cox admitted he couldn't have asked for more media coverage than he's received recently due to the comments of Steven and Josh Powell.
Susan Powell, a 28-year-old mother of two, has been missing since Dec. 6, 2009. The night before she was reported missing, Josh Powell said he took their young children camping in single-digit temperatures in a remote part of Tooele County in the middle of the night. When he returned a day and a half later, he said his wife was gone.
When asked by "Dateline" what he would tell people who think he killed his wife, Josh Powell said: “I've never hurt my wife. I've never, never hurt her. I've tried to defend her. She's been suffering, she has very low self-esteem because of severe emotional abuse as a child. She's had to live with that, and I've had to try to help her get through that kind of on a regular basis.”
Powell was also asked where he thinks police should be searching for his wife.
“I think they should be searching for a woman who is struggling, someone who wants to come back, is having a difficult time understanding how to come back,” he said.
Thursday's activity came during a week of renewed interest in the Susan Powell case, first sparked by a highly-publicized police search in Ely, Nev. Police said the new search warrant, however, was not connected to last weekend's desert search.
Contributing: Sarah Dallof
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 101
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18