Today in the Bloggernacle: A new Mormon candidate for president and the Relative Finder app
Friday, August 26
Mormon candidate: Have you heard about the new Mormon candidate for president? His name is Yeah Samake, and he “is a convert to the LDS Church, a BYU graduate, mayor of Ouelessebougou and a candidate to become president of Mali in 2012.” Learn about the newest Mormon politician on the world scene by clicking in. And as the blogger writes, “Good luck to him!”
Facebook relatives: Have you tried Relative Finder yet? It’s the newest Facebook app that was developed by BYU computer science students that’s filling up my Facebook feeds. And it is really cool. As this blogger explains, “It will download your family tree from New FamilySearch and then comb it for ancestors you have in common with famous people or your Facebook friends who have also installed the app.” So you can see if you are related to general authorities, past Mormons, famous Americans and even your Facebook friends. Fun and a bit addicting. Try it out today!
Cub Scouts: If you are a Cub Scout leader, Primary leader or parent, you may have noticed that the new handbook emphasizes Incorporating Faith in God into Cub Scouts. But how do you that? Well, this blogger has compiled a list of ideas. For example, under “Health and Fitness,” you can incorporate “Learning and Living the Gospel: Read Doctrine and Covenants Section 89. Discuss how Heavenly Father blesses us when we faithfully live the Word of Wisdom. Help plan and conduct an activity to teach the Word of Wisdom to others.” Or under “Respect,” you can incorporate “Serving Others: Write a letter to a teacher, your parents or your grandparents telling them what you appreciate and respect about them. (One of the requirements for square knot).” And there’s many more. Check it out!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- LDS pitcher Matthew Neil asked for a trial...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 109
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 34
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 33
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 10
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 8