LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — The name of a motorcyclist killed in Little Cottonwood Canyon Wednesday night has been released.
Just before 8:30 p.m., Christopher A. Conway, 27, of Cottonwood Heights, was riding his bullet bike down Little Cottonwood Canyon behind another vehicle when he attempted to pass in a no passing zone, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The motorcycle hit an oncoming SUV, causing the SUV to burst into flames, Hoyal said.
A father and son inside the SUV were able to get out safely. Conway was pronounced dead at the scene.
Speed and passing in a no passing zone appeared to be factors in the crash, Hoyal said.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15