LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — The name of a motorcyclist killed in Little Cottonwood Canyon Wednesday night has been released.
Just before 8:30 p.m., Christopher A. Conway, 27, of Cottonwood Heights, was riding his bullet bike down Little Cottonwood Canyon behind another vehicle when he attempted to pass in a no passing zone, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal.
The motorcycle hit an oncoming SUV, causing the SUV to burst into flames, Hoyal said.
A father and son inside the SUV were able to get out safely. Conway was pronounced dead at the scene.
Speed and passing in a no passing zone appeared to be factors in the crash, Hoyal said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17