Utah's athletic budget was $27.8 million for the fiscal year 2010. It'll rise to $29.7 million in 2011 and $35 million in 2012.
Even with that growth, though, Utah is still well behind the curve in the Pac-12. The Utes will be closing the gap on Washington State, but remain well behind Oregon, California, Washington, UCLA and the others.
The Sports Business Journal takes a look at the rising budgets in college athletics.
— ESPN.com's Ted Miller looks at best-worst case scenarios for Utah football.
— The Green Bay Press-Gazette is reporting that young Packers like rookie Caleb Schlauderaff from Utah need to step up.
— The USA Today says defense could be the key for Pac-12 favorite Oregon.
— ESPN 700's "Bill and Spence Show" has interviews with the Utes on its website.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 89
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 38
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34