Blue roundup: Holmoe speaks out on scheduling, realignment
PROVO — BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe went on the air Friday with David James and Patrick Kinahan of 1320 KFAN to discuss scheduling, conference realignment and other issues affecting college football.
Listen to the Holmoe interview here.
Holmoe reiterated that BYU is set to follow the course of independence, but that he is also carefully monitoring the college football landscape.
Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News looks into what the Big 12 might do should Texas A&M jump to the Southeastern Conference.
What if the Big 12 decides to add a team?
"Brigham Young made the most sense from a revenue standpoint, but one source suggested that Lone Star State political pressure may force the Big 12 to add Houston — even though UH doesn’t add value from a media rights standpoint," writes Wilner.
In other news, former BYU running back Harvey Unga has left the Chicago Bears for personal reasons.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32