Blue roundup: Holmoe speaks out on scheduling, realignment
PROVO — BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe went on the air Friday with David James and Patrick Kinahan of 1320 KFAN to discuss scheduling, conference realignment and other issues affecting college football.
Listen to the Holmoe interview here.
Holmoe reiterated that BYU is set to follow the course of independence, but that he is also carefully monitoring the college football landscape.
Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News looks into what the Big 12 might do should Texas A&M jump to the Southeastern Conference.
What if the Big 12 decides to add a team?
"Brigham Young made the most sense from a revenue standpoint, but one source suggested that Lone Star State political pressure may force the Big 12 to add Houston — even though UH doesn’t add value from a media rights standpoint," writes Wilner.
In other news, former BYU running back Harvey Unga has left the Chicago Bears for personal reasons.
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 67
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 60
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36