Blue roundup: Holmoe speaks out on scheduling, realignment
PROVO — BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe went on the air Friday with David James and Patrick Kinahan of 1320 KFAN to discuss scheduling, conference realignment and other issues affecting college football.
Listen to the Holmoe interview here.
Holmoe reiterated that BYU is set to follow the course of independence, but that he is also carefully monitoring the college football landscape.
Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News looks into what the Big 12 might do should Texas A&M jump to the Southeastern Conference.
What if the Big 12 decides to add a team?
"Brigham Young made the most sense from a revenue standpoint, but one source suggested that Lone Star State political pressure may force the Big 12 to add Houston — even though UH doesn’t add value from a media rights standpoint," writes Wilner.
In other news, former BYU running back Harvey Unga has left the Chicago Bears for personal reasons.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 97
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 25