Blue roundup: Holmoe speaks out on scheduling, realignment
PROVO — BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe went on the air Friday with David James and Patrick Kinahan of 1320 KFAN to discuss scheduling, conference realignment and other issues affecting college football.
Listen to the Holmoe interview here.
Holmoe reiterated that BYU is set to follow the course of independence, but that he is also carefully monitoring the college football landscape.
Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News looks into what the Big 12 might do should Texas A&M jump to the Southeastern Conference.
What if the Big 12 decides to add a team?
"Brigham Young made the most sense from a revenue standpoint, but one source suggested that Lone Star State political pressure may force the Big 12 to add Houston — even though UH doesn’t add value from a media rights standpoint," writes Wilner.
In other news, former BYU running back Harvey Unga has left the Chicago Bears for personal reasons.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 39
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 36
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 19
- Utah basketball: No. 14 Runnin' Utes... 18