Blue roundup: Holmoe speaks out on scheduling, realignment
PROVO — BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe went on the air Friday with David James and Patrick Kinahan of 1320 KFAN to discuss scheduling, conference realignment and other issues affecting college football.
Listen to the Holmoe interview here.
Holmoe reiterated that BYU is set to follow the course of independence, but that he is also carefully monitoring the college football landscape.
Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News looks into what the Big 12 might do should Texas A&M jump to the Southeastern Conference.
What if the Big 12 decides to add a team?
"Brigham Young made the most sense from a revenue standpoint, but one source suggested that Lone Star State political pressure may force the Big 12 to add Houston — even though UH doesn’t add value from a media rights standpoint," writes Wilner.
In other news, former BYU running back Harvey Unga has left the Chicago Bears for personal reasons.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 132
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 21