MANILA, Daggett County — A Bountiful man died Monday after he fell into Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
Murrell Dale Burningham, 81, was sitting in a lawn chair at Lucerne Valley Marina when he lost his balance as he attempted to stand up and fell into the reservoir, Daggett County sheriff's spokeswoman Karen Peterson said.
Family members pulled Burningham from the water and began performing CPR. Emergency responders continued CPR for 45 minutes after their arrival at the marina, but were eventually directed to stop by doctors at Sweetwater County Hospital in Rock Springs, Wyo., Peterson said.
Authorities are waiting on the results of an autopsy before they release a definitive cause of death. Peterson noted that Burningham had a history of heart problems and had a pacemaker. Family members told investigators that he'd recently experienced episodes of fainting as well, Peterson said.
Burningham graduated from the University of Utah and Creighton Dental School. He practiced dentistry in Bountiful for 45 years, according to his obituary.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 42
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 21
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18