Bountiful dentist dies in apparent drowning at Flaming Gorge
MANILA, Daggett County — A Bountiful man died Monday after he fell into Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
Murrell Dale Burningham, 81, was sitting in a lawn chair at Lucerne Valley Marina when he lost his balance as he attempted to stand up and fell into the reservoir, Daggett County sheriff's spokeswoman Karen Peterson said.
Family members pulled Burningham from the water and began performing CPR. Emergency responders continued CPR for 45 minutes after their arrival at the marina, but were eventually directed to stop by doctors at Sweetwater County Hospital in Rock Springs, Wyo., Peterson said.
Authorities are waiting on the results of an autopsy before they release a definitive cause of death. Peterson noted that Burningham had a history of heart problems and had a pacemaker. Family members told investigators that he'd recently experienced episodes of fainting as well, Peterson said.
Burningham graduated from the University of Utah and Creighton Dental School. He practiced dentistry in Bountiful for 45 years, according to his obituary.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11